• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Uganda’s Controversial General Muhoozi Kainerugaba Quits X

Uganda’s Controversial General Muhoozi Kainerugaba Quits X

Somto NwanoluebySomto Nwanolue
1 year ago
in Government
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

Muhoozi Kainerugaba, the son of Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni had in a surprising move, announced his departure from X, the platform where he has been known for his controversial posts. The 50-year-old army general, who has increasingly ventured into the political arena, has prompted debates about his ambitions to succeed his father, who has been in power since 1986.

Kainerugaba recently sparked outrage with a tweet threatening to behead Bobi Wine, the country’s leading opposition figure.

In his final post on Friday, he stated that it was “time to leave and concentrate” on his military duties, but promised to “re-converge” with his one million followers in the future. This is not the first time he has deactivated his account; he previously quit the platform in 2022, only to return days later.

Critics have frequently targeted Kainerugaba for his social media statements, which often breach military protocols. In 2022, he made headlines by discussing an invasion of neighboring Kenya, prompting his father to apologize.

His recent threat against Bobi Wine, whose real name is Robert Kyagulanyi, drew widespread condemnation. Although Kainerugaba apologized, calling it a joke, Bobi Wine had said he could not take such threats lightly.

The Ugandan government downplayed the incident, with a spokesperson describing Kainerugaba’s remarks as “casual” and not reflective of official policy.

His undiplomatic outbursts have also angered other countries, including comments about siding with Russia in the Ukraine invasion and supporting Tigray in the Ethiopian civil war. Despite this, President Museveni has defended his son as a “very good general,” and the army has upheld his right to free expression.

In his farewell message, Kainerugaba attributed his decision to leave X to his faith and a renewed focus on his military duties. “It is on the instructions and blessings of my Lord Jesus Christ that I leave this social media and dedicate myself to my assignment to bring peace and security to our region,” he stated. He also urged his followers to continue supporting his father, whom he called “the greatest general of the resistance.”

Seen as a potential successor to his father, Kainerugaba has been mobilizing support across the country, drawing criticism. His rapid rise in the military, dubbed the “Muhoozi Project” by local media, began when he joined the army in 1999. “I know you all love me, and that you will continue to follow me like the wind long after here,” he said in his signing-off statement.

Tags: federal charactergeneralMuhoozi KainerugabaNewsUgandaUganda's Controversial General Muhoozi Kainerugaba Quits X
Share234SendTweet146
Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue is a news writer with a keen eye for spotting trending news and crafting engaging stories. Her interests includes beauty, lifestyle and fashion. Her life’s passion is to bring information to the right audience in written medium

Related Stories

Vance Takes the Podium as 2028 Rivalry Heats Up at White House

Vance Takes the Podium as 2028 Rivalry Heats Up at White House

bySomto Nwanolue
0

JD Vance is speaking at the White House today, stepping into a role typically reserved for the press secretary. But this is not a routine briefing. It is...

DOJ Sets Up $1.8B ‘Anti-Weaponization’ Fund After Trump Drops IRS Suit

DOJ Sets Up $1.8B ‘Anti-Weaponization’ Fund After Trump Drops IRS Suit

bySomto Nwanolue
0

The Justice Department has created a $1.776 billion fund to compensate people who claim they were unfairly targeted by the federal government. The deal came together after President...

​Inside the DOJ's Secret Raid on Georgia Election Workers

​Inside the DOJ’s Secret Raid on Georgia Election Workers

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

A coalition of major media organizations, including NBC News, has filed a formal motion to unseal hidden subpoenas and court filings related to the Department of Justice’s aggressive...

​Why the Supreme Court Reopened a Native American Voting War

​Why the Supreme Court Reopened a Native American Voting War

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

The U.S. Supreme Court has stepped into a massive fight over how Native American tribes protect their right to vote. By wiping out a controversial lower-court decision, the...

Next Post
Governor Makinde Picks New Alaafin—Is Oyo Tradition Dead?

Governor Makinde Picks New Alaafin—Is Oyo Tradition Dead?

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • When Engagement Turns Toxic: The Growing Cyberbullying Crisis In Entertainment Spaces
  • Rights Groups Condemn Detention Of Sierra Leonean Singer Amid Free Speech Concerns
  • Vance Takes the Podium as 2028 Rivalry Heats Up at White House

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .