• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Government
Tinubu Approves FCT Youth Secretariat Amidst Rising Protests

Tinubu Approves FCT Youth Secretariat Amidst Rising Protests

Eriki Joan UgunushebyEriki Joan Ugunushe
2 years ago
in Government
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

President Bola Tinubu has signed yet another approval, this time for a youth secretariat in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Given the wave of protests planned across the nation, one can’t help but wonder if this is a genuine effort to engage with the youth or a tactic to avoid a Kenyan-style uprising in Nigeria. The President seems to be signing papers faster than he can read them.

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike, during a town hall meeting at Bwari Area Council, announced this development. The meeting aimed to mobilize youths against the upcoming hunger protest. Wike, seemingly in a bid to placate the youth, had earlier held similar town hall meetings in the Abuja Municipal and Abaji Area Councils. There, he assured the youth that he would push their requests to the President, boasting about the young appointees in his cabinet, including two indigenous FCT citizens.

Wike also mentioned his successful appeal to have an indigene appointed as the Head of the FCT Public Complaints Commission, which Tinubu approved. Praising the youth for choosing dialogue over protest, Wike said, “Let me thank you for saying that you prefer to dialogue, you prefer to talk to each other instead of going to the streets. That shows your maturity, that shows your understanding and support for the administration.”

During a previous meeting in the Abuja Municipal Area Council, Wike promised a youth secretariat, confidently stating, “I know that when I meet Mr. President, he will approve.” And indeed, after a meeting with Tinubu, Wike returned with the news that the President had given his nod.

“The President has the capacity; he has never denied that there are no challenges. He said there are challenges but we must be patient as he goes to solve and tackle these challenges,” Wike added.

As we approach August 1, the date set for the protests, it’s curious to see the government’s efforts to sponsor dialogues and initiatives to quell the protest.

Tags: FCTfederal characterNewsNigeriaprotesttinubuTinubu Approves FCT Youth Secretariat Amidst Rising ProtestsYouth Secretariat
Share234SendTweet147
Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe is a dedicated news writer and an aspiring entertainment and media lawyer. Graduated from the University of Ibadan, she combines her legal acumen with a passion for writing to craft compelling news stories.Eriki's commitment to effective communication shines through her participation in the Jobberman soft skills training, where she honed her abilities to overcome communication barriers, embrace the email culture, and provide and receive constructive feedback. She has also nurtured her creativity skills, understanding how creativity fosters critical thinking—a valuable asset in both writing and law.

Related Stories

UK to Face Storms as Biggest El Niño in Century Hits Autumn

UK to Face Storms as Biggest El Niño in Century Hits Autumn

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Increased rainfall and storms are forecast to hit the UK this autumn as a result of an "unprecedented" El Niño weather pattern developing over the Pacific Ocean, the...

USCIS Plans $100M+ Biometrics and Identity Tech Project

USCIS Plans $100M+ Biometrics and Identity Tech Project

bySomto Nwanolue
0

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is preparing to spend more than $100 million on a new biometrics and identity technology project that will support machine learning, entity resolution,...

Trump Aide Natalie Harp Worked Without Security Clearance for a Year

Trump Aide Natalie Harp Worked Without Security Clearance for a Year

bySomto Nwanolue
0

The White House faced fresh questions on Thursday over whether President Donald Trump's closest aide, Natalie Harp, had access to US government secrets without security clearance. Harp, who...

Liberia Agrees To Receive 1,200 Deportees From US

Haiti: First Deportees Arrive as US Ends TPS for 350,000 Haitians

bySomto Nwanolue
0

The United States deported more than 160 people to Haiti on Thursday for the first time since the Trump administration won a legal battle to end Temporary Protected...

Next Post
Planned Nationwide Protest: “Our Hearts Ache” — Women Group Says

Civil Society Warns Govt Against Intimidation in Hunger Protests

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • UEFA and Concacaf in talks over ambitious combined Nations League designed to rival FIFA
  • Aune Heggebo given two-match ban after ‘deliberately deceiving’ ref with handball goal
  • Real Madrid face unique La Liga referee ruling at Santiago Bernabeu

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .