• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Tinubu Approves FCT Youth Secretariat Amidst Rising Protests

Tinubu Approves FCT Youth Secretariat Amidst Rising Protests

Eriki Joan UgunushebyEriki Joan Ugunushe
2 years ago
in Government
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

President Bola Tinubu has signed yet another approval, this time for a youth secretariat in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Given the wave of protests planned across the nation, one can’t help but wonder if this is a genuine effort to engage with the youth or a tactic to avoid a Kenyan-style uprising in Nigeria. The President seems to be signing papers faster than he can read them.

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike, during a town hall meeting at Bwari Area Council, announced this development. The meeting aimed to mobilize youths against the upcoming hunger protest. Wike, seemingly in a bid to placate the youth, had earlier held similar town hall meetings in the Abuja Municipal and Abaji Area Councils. There, he assured the youth that he would push their requests to the President, boasting about the young appointees in his cabinet, including two indigenous FCT citizens.

Wike also mentioned his successful appeal to have an indigene appointed as the Head of the FCT Public Complaints Commission, which Tinubu approved. Praising the youth for choosing dialogue over protest, Wike said, “Let me thank you for saying that you prefer to dialogue, you prefer to talk to each other instead of going to the streets. That shows your maturity, that shows your understanding and support for the administration.”

During a previous meeting in the Abuja Municipal Area Council, Wike promised a youth secretariat, confidently stating, “I know that when I meet Mr. President, he will approve.” And indeed, after a meeting with Tinubu, Wike returned with the news that the President had given his nod.

“The President has the capacity; he has never denied that there are no challenges. He said there are challenges but we must be patient as he goes to solve and tackle these challenges,” Wike added.

As we approach August 1, the date set for the protests, it’s curious to see the government’s efforts to sponsor dialogues and initiatives to quell the protest.

Tags: FCTfederal characterNewsNigeriaprotesttinubuTinubu Approves FCT Youth Secretariat Amidst Rising ProtestsYouth Secretariat
Share234SendTweet146
Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe is a dedicated news writer and an aspiring entertainment and media lawyer. Graduated from the University of Ibadan, she combines her legal acumen with a passion for writing to craft compelling news stories.Eriki's commitment to effective communication shines through her participation in the Jobberman soft skills training, where she honed her abilities to overcome communication barriers, embrace the email culture, and provide and receive constructive feedback. She has also nurtured her creativity skills, understanding how creativity fosters critical thinking—a valuable asset in both writing and law.

Related Stories

​Inside the Sexual Harassment 'Minefield' of Capitol Hill

​Inside the Sexual Harassment ‘Minefield’ of Capitol Hill

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Despite nearly a decade of legal updates meant to protect employees on Capitol Hill, a troubling truth remains: Washington is still a deeply hostile environment for many young...

Trump's Billion-Dollar Ballroom Defeated in Senate

Trump’s Billion-Dollar Ballroom Defeated in Senate

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

A major pillar of the Trump administration's White House renovation plans suffered a significant procedural defeat in Congress late Saturday night. The Senate parliamentarian ruled against a Republican...

Russian Media Reports Biggest Ukrainian Attack On Moscow In Over A Year

Russian Media Reports Biggest Ukrainian Attack On Moscow In Over A Year

byFed Editor
0

At least three people have been confirmed dead after Ukraine launched one of its biggest drone assaults on Russia in more than a year, targeting Moscow and surrounding...

Xi's Double Game: Hosting Putin Days After Romancing Trump

Xi’s Double Game: Hosting Putin Days After Romancing Trump

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

Chinese leader Xi Jinping is set to host Russian President Vladimir Putin in Beijing for a two-day summit starting Tuesday. The visit comes a mere four days after...

Next Post
Planned Nationwide Protest: “Our Hearts Ache” — Women Group Says

Civil Society Warns Govt Against Intimidation in Hunger Protests

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • Michael Jackson’s Classics Surge On Global Charts Following Biopic Success
  • Mortgage Rates Surge Across U.S., Europe As Global Tensions Shake Housing Markets
  • Rooney Says Liverpool Should Drop Salah After Slot Criticism

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .