Now Reading
Adele claims response to the cancellation of her Las Vegas residency was terrible

Adele claims response to the cancellation of her Las Vegas residency was terrible

Adele claims she felt like “a shell of a person” after the “brutal” response to the cancellation of her Las Vegas residency earlier this year. 

The singer cancelled her performances in January, telling her fans that the show was not ready, 24 hours before opening night. 

Adele said she was “devastated” about delaying her three-month stay but insisted she stood by her choice in an interview with BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs. 

She informed her followers on Friday that the concert dates would be rearranged “very, very soon.” 

The 34-year-old claimed to Desert Island Discs host Lauren Laverne that she could certainly feel everyone’s disappointment, and she was heartbroken and terrified of disappointing them. 

She added that she still stood by her decision because she thought she could put it all together and make it work. 

She went on that she won’t put on a show just because she has to, because the audience will be let down, or because her team would lose a lot of money. 

When the artist, who just released her fourth album in November, announced in an emotional last-minute Instagram video that the Caesar’s Palace gigs would not go as scheduled, she received backlash online.

“Of course, I could be someone on TikTok or Instagram Live every day being like, ‘I’m working on it,” she explained. “Of course, I’m working on it! I’m not gonna update you if I ain’t got nothing to update you with because that just leads to more disappointment. 

“I was a shell of a person for a couple of months,” she continued. “I just had to wait it out and just grieve it, I guess, just grieve the shows and get over the guilt, but it was brutal.” 

See Also

Adele stated that the Vegas shows would “absolutely 100 percent” take place this year when she told TV host Graham Norton in February that she was working hard with her team to arrange and confirm new dates. 

The singer was slated to play two gigs every weekend from late January through April as part of the Weekends With Adele series, which was announced late in November. 

Her performances in London’s Hyde Park on Friday and Saturday were her first legitimate ticketed concerts in five years due to the postponement. 

She also discussed her relationships with her partner, US sports agent Rich Paul, and her ex-husband Simon Konecki, with whom she shares a son named Angelo, as well as how exercising, which helped her lose weight, had helped her deal with her anxieties.

What's Your Reaction?
Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Not Sure
0
Silly
0
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top