• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Benzema goes to trial for involvement in Sextape scandal

Benzema goes to trial for involvement in Sextape scandal

Taiwo CokerbyTaiwo Coker
5 years ago
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

Karim Benzema and four other suspects went to court trial on Wednesday 20th of October 2021 in Versailles, France, six years after the alleged sex video blackmail against former France international, Mathieu Valbuena.

The Real madrid striker is being accused of involvement in the case known as “Sextape affair” with an attempt to blackmail his former international teammate, Mathieu Valbuena. 

As mentioned by the Prosecutors, Valbuena was said to have received a call threatening to leak the sex tape in June, 2015 while he was with the French natonal squad at the training centre in Paris.

Valbuena (left) and Benzema, right.

According to Le Monde via the Guardian, Valbuena said: “Benzema didn’t give hostile attitude neither did he call to talk to me directly about the money but insisted I meet someone and that seemed suspicious.

He said he doesn’t feel anyone would want to destroy a video without taking something in return because people can not be taken as idiots.” 

Prior to that, an anonymous caller had called the Olympiacos midfielder, asking for an arrangement and he was also asked to name a negotiator. 

Benzema was said to have been called up by the alleged blackmailers to convince his team mate to pay up according to the Prosecutors. The 33-year-old forward denied the allegations and it was described as “absurd” by the striker’s lawyer.

This scandal made Valbuena and Benzema lose their place in the French squad, but the Los Blancos forward was recalled back into the squad for the recently concluded European Championship. 

Karim Benzema is expected to be absent in court, but his lawyers will represent him and if the Judge finds him guilty, He would face up to five years in jail and a $87,240.00 fine.

Tags: allegationbenzemablackmailcourtMadridNewsscandalsex tapeSportstrialvalboune
Share234SendTweet146
Taiwo Coker

Taiwo Coker

Taiwo Coker is a well respected voice in the news and media space. He has been featured and published in many online and print media and his works transcends the borders of Nigeria. He is a graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Lagos and had worked non-stop on his passion and ambition ever since then. He likes to travel and explore the world and this is how he gets his inspiration to create amazing news and articles that touch people across the globe.

Related Stories

USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week

USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has issued a nationwide operational alert, confirming that all physical post office locations will fully shut down and regular mail delivery will...

Food Stamp Beneficiaries Decline By Millions In The US

Food Stamp Beneficiaries Decline By Millions In The US

byAyobami Owolabi
0

US Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins has linked a recent decline in participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps, to fraud reduction and...

Mississippi Teen Becomes One of Youngest People Ever to Graduate Law School

Mississippi Teen Becomes One of Youngest People Ever to Graduate Law School

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

At just 18 years old, James “Jimmy” Chilimigras has made history by graduating summa cum laude from Loyola University New Orleans’ law school. This milestone makes him one...

Why Baltimore is No Longer Safe for Tourists

Why Baltimore is No Longer Safe for Tourists

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

Over a single weekend in May 2026, a series of violent attacks in Baltimore's most famous landmarks has left residents and visitors asking a terrifying question: is the...

Next Post
Incessant Bloodbaths: Government helplessness and self-abnegation

Incessant Bloodbaths: Government helplessness and self-abnegation

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • Naira Opens May 17 Under Sustained Pressure as Dollar, Euro, and Pound Retain Market Dominance
  • USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week
  • ​Inside the Sexual Harassment ‘Minefield’ of Capitol Hill

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .