- Some gunmen suspected to be bandits have abducted over 300 schoolgirls at Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe in the Talata-Mafara Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
- A staff of the school, who begged for anonymity, said the bandits arrived in the school around 1am on Friday with Hilux vehicles and motorcycles and forcefully evacuated the students.
- He narrated that some of the bandits were in uniforms and pretended to be security personnel, then later broke into the students hostels and abducted more than 300 students.
LASTMA officials to carry body cameras — GM
- The General Manager of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, Olajide Oduyoye, says officials of the agency will begin to monitor traffic violation with the use of smart body cameras.
- He stated this on Friday while speaking in an interview this afternoon.
- The LASTMA boss further said a Sports Utility Vehicle driver, Sunday Okodo, who was caught in a viral video driving against traffic and tipping a policeman over a bridge along the International Airport Road, Lagos, has been taken to court and charged with two counts of attempted murder and traffic violation.
What's Your Reaction?
Nathalie is a Nigerian/Irish IP and Aviation Lawyer. She has also worked with Jorie Magazine, Novateur NG and Rhythm 94.7 FM Abuja. She is a Voiceover Artist and currently, she is in her 10th year as a Music PR and Artiste/Brand Management and Development strategist. In the midst of this “Panorama”, she is also building: 730 Multimedia Consultancy. As a literary, news and pop culture editor and critic, she runs a music podcast "@artloveandvibes," on Soundcloud and Twitter. "I love that along with my day job, I am building a career in Tech Policy."