In the second preliminary round of the 2021/2022 CAF Confederation Cup, Nigerian clubs Enyimba International Football Club and Rivers United FC have been paired against North African opponents.
While Rivers United of Port Harcourt will face Egypt’s Al Masry, Enyimba International of Aba will face Libya’s Al Ittihad in the draws which took place on Tuesday at the headquarters of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) in Cairo, Egypt.
Rivers United got to this stage after overcoming Young Africans of Tanzania while Enyimba won home and away ties against Diambars of Senegal.
The 16 teams that qualified from the Confederation Cup second preliminary round face the losing 16 teams from the CAF Champions League second preliminary round in this round of the competition.
The two-leg winners will advance to the group stage of the competition, where they will be divided into four groups of four.
The draw was done by Khaled Nassar, the CAF Competitions Director, with Egypt and Zamalek veteran Ismail Youssef assisting.
The pairings are listed below, with the first leg scheduled for Nov. 28 and the second leg scheduled for Dec. 5, with the first-named team hosting the first leg:
- Zanaco (Zambia) vs Binga (Mali)
- Simba (Tanzania) vs Red Arrows (Zambia)
- TP Mazembe (DR Congo) vs Marumo Gallants (South Africa)
- ASEC Mimosas (Cote d’Ivoire) vs GD Interclube (Angola)
- Nouadhibou (Mauritania) vs Coton Sport (Cameroon)
- US Gendarmerie Nationale (Niger) vs DC Motema Pembe (DR Congo)
- AS Otoho (Congo) vs Gor Mahia (Kenya)
- APR (Rwanda) vs RS Berkane (Morocco)
- Tusker (Kenya) vs CS Sfaxien (Tunisia)
- Hearts if Oak (Ghana) vs JS Saoura (Algeria)
- Rivers United (Nigeria) vs Al Masry (Egypt)
- Stade Malien (Mali) vs Ahly Tripoli (Libya) or Biashara United (Tanzania)
- Al Ittihad (Libya) vs Enyimba (Nigeria)
- AS Maniema Union (DR Congo) vs Pyramids (Egypt)
- LPRC Oilers (Liberia) vs Orlando Pirates (South Africa)
- Royal Leopards (Eswatini) vs JS Kabylie (Algeria)