Now Reading
Fire Guts Lagos State Warehouse, Destroys Goods

Fire Guts Lagos State Warehouse, Destroys Goods

A warehouse in Idumagbo Avenue, in Obun Eko area of Lagos State, caught fire today, this was confirmed by Margaret Adeseye, the director of Lagos State Fire and Rescue service.

According to her, they got a call informing them of the incident early in the afternoon, some men were mobilized to the area to contain the fire. Unfortunately, the shop affected was filled with towels, bedspread tape rules, and other things that aid the spread of fire,  other agencies came to assist the fire service to put out the fire. They managed to put off the fire up to the third building, and other structures that the fire spread to.

Adeseye said, “The Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service is currently putting out a fire incident at 34, Idumagbo Avenue, Obun Eko, Lagos.

“The agency, which was alerted at 12:31 pm on Monday, mobilized the Ebute Elefun and Oniru fire stations to stop the raging fire at the three story-penthouse building.

“The fire which happened at a warehouse on the third floor of the building which stocked towels, bedspread, tape rules among others, with a commercial bank on the ground floor.

See Also

“The Lagos firefighters being complemented by sister agencies have been able to subdue the fire to the third floor and the penthouse it had spread to while saving the bank and other floors as well as adjoining structures.

We are in the harmattan/dry season it is a prerequisite that every shop owner should exercise caution, to prevent fire incidents, as due to dry weather fire incidents are always rampant, so safety measures should be taken by shop owners, house owners, and other people to ensure that the environment is safe for living.

What's Your Reaction?
Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Not Sure
0
Silly
0
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top