ACF Supports open grazing ban.
- On Tuesday, Governors of the Southwest in a meeting in Asaba made a decision to ban open grazing in their state while calling on the President Muhammadu Buhari to take bold steps in restructuring the country.
- This decision has however brought about reactions from different groups. The Arewa Consultive Forum while supporting the open grazing ban by the southwest governors said that those advocating restructuring were bent on the disintegration of the country.
- The National Publicity Secretary of the ACF, Emmanuel Yaw, in an interview with Punch newspaper in Kaduna on Wednesday, faulted the call for restructuring, but supported other resolutions of the southern governors.
- Yawe stated, “On restructuring, the ACF believes that before we take a decision on this, we should agree on whether Nigeria should remain one country before deciding on that.
Aso Villa building targeted during burglary attempt was hotspot for contractors.
- The building which is said to be the residence of the Administrative Officer of the Presidential Villa, Maikano Abdullahi is said to be a stone throw away from the President, Muhammadu Buhari.
- It was also said that the building was used to host a huge number of contractors and individuals seeking Abdullahi’s influence and presidential connections to sort out issues.
- According to sources, the intruders were chased away by armed security operatives who were on duty at the time of the attack.
- It was said that the intruders gained access to the Villa by scaling a fence at the back street and on seeing the armed policeman in the compound jumped over the wall and made good their escape.
- Security sources also say that the intruders must have thought there were huge sums of money in the building.
Blackout looms as National grid system collapses
- The National grid system around 11am yesterday experienced a system collapse thereby worsening the power supply situation in the country.
- According to sources, the system collapse occurred as a result of voltage collapse in some parts of the grid.
- Confirming the development, TCN General Manager, Ndidi Mbah, told Vanguard newspaper that there was total system collapse of the grid, as a result of voltage collapse at some parts of the grid.
- She stated that TCN had commenced grid recovery immediately after the collapse, from Shiroro Generating Station to Katampe TS, Abuja through the Shiroro – Katampe line at 11:29 am, and also through Delta Generating Station to Benin Transmission Substation and had reached Osogbo and parts of Lagos.
Police to suspend security personnel from VIPs in South-East
- The IGP Usman Alkali Baba has ordered the deployment of police officers across the country ahead of the 2021 Eid-el-Fitr celebration.
- This is just as Police personnel have been suspended from escorting VIPs in the five South East states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and Rivers State. This directive was communicated to police commissioners in the states affected to suspend personnel that escort VIPs in the six eastern states until security situation improves in the affected states.
- The signal noted that the suspension of the Police personnel is sequel to the incessant attacks on policemen/snatching of arms and ammunition by the proscribed IPOB/ESN elements in the affected states
- According to Vanguard Newspaper, The IGP’s order to provide water tight security was contained in a directive to Assistant Inspectors-General of Police, AIGs, Commissioners of Police and other strategic commanders of the Force as part of efforts by the Police leadership to stabilize security, improve public safety and make the country a safer place for all citizens.
What's Your Reaction?
Lovejoy is a communications enthusiast who currently works as a broadcaster, podcaster and social media manager. She enjoys meeting people, having great conversations, reading watching movies. The ambitious journalist is working hard to climb the ladder in the comms and PR industry.