• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home News
Former James Bond actor George Lazenby has issued an apology for his “disgusting” interview.

Former James Bond actor George Lazenby has issued an apology for his “disgusting” interview.

Marian RomainebyMarian Romaine
4 years ago
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

After allegations surfaced that the former James Bond actor George Lazenby had made creepy and disgusting remarks during an on-stage interview, Lazenby issued an apology for his behavior. The actor, who is best known for his role as 007 in the film On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969), was in Australia as part of a tour titled The Music of James Bond. Some people in the audience in Perth took offense to what they referred to as “homophobic” statements as well as explicit anecdotes. 

Lazenby expressed his regret at the news that some of his readers had been hurt by the content of his writings. In a statement, he said, “It was never my intention to make hurtful or homophobic comments and I am truly sorry if my stories that I have shared many times were taken that way,” The Australian actor, who is 83 years old, has been taken out of all of the next performances on the tour. 

During Lazenby’s performance on Saturday in Perth, the theater producer Concert works expressed “great sadness and disappointment” in the “language, comments, and recollections” that the actor used throughout the piece. Aaron Kernaghan, the lawyer for the company said they were his personal views, and there is no excuse for this in today’s society. They however do not reflect the views of Concert works and there is no excuse for this in today’s society. 

The organization has communicated with concertgoers who voiced concerns and has extended an apology to all parties involved, including the crowd, the performers, and the Perth Concert Hall. In the meanwhile, it has “decided to cease its engagement with Mr. Lazenby” and has begun “a complete assessment of the matter,” according to Mr. Kernaghan’s additional comments.

Lazenby was catapulted to fame in 1969 when he was cast to replace Sean Connery in the James Bond franchise. The role of James Bond had been held by Connery since 1962. 

A former model who had no previous experience acting, he only acted in one film, claiming to have declined an offer of one million dollars in cash to reprise the character he played in that film.

Tags: actorapologydisgustingGeorge LazenbyInterviewJames Bond
Share234SendTweet147
Marian Romaine

Marian Romaine

Marian Romaine is a seasoned content writer with a passion for translating complex technological concepts into accessible and engaging content. She is dedicated to creating engaging and informative content aiming to enhance both reader engagement and search engine visibility. Her writing combines a deep understanding of the subject matter with a talent for crafting clear, concise, and informative pieces. With 3 years of industry experience, her expertise includes crafting blog posts, articles, social media content, and website copy.

Related Stories

​FDA Alert: 40,000 Clear Eyes Bottles Recalled

​FDA Alert: 40,000 Clear Eyes Bottles Recalled

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​A nationwide Clear Eyes recall has been initiated following a critical alert from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Over 39,000 bottles of popular eye drops are being...

Ohio Company Sues Woman for $25K Over 1-Star Google Review

Ohio Company Sues Woman for $25K Over 1-Star Google Review

bySomto Nwanolue
0

An Ohio family-owned business is suing a woman for more than $25,000 over a one-star Google review she posted — even though the company admits she has never...

Russian Drones Strike Mall in Zelenskyy's Hometown

​Russian Drones Strike Mall in Zelenskyy’s Hometown

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​A deadly Russian drone strike in Kryvyi Rih targeted a crowded shopping mall in central Ukraine, killing at least 15 people and injuring 130 others, including 23 children....

Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Artworks in Sicily

Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Artworks in Sicily

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​​Police in Italy are investigating a major heist after thieves managed to get away with precious Antonello da Messina artworks stolen from a museum in Sicily over the...

Next Post
We Don’t Need Mbappe Anymore- Ancelotti.

We Don't Need Mbappe Anymore- Ancelotti.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • ​Iran Claims Victory: Did Trump Lose the War?
  • ​FDA Alert: 40,000 Clear Eyes Bottles Recalled
  • Jodie Woods Veneers at 19: The Backlash, the Risks, and the Dentist Debate

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .