Now Reading
Former James Bond actor George Lazenby has issued an apology for his “disgusting” interview.

Former James Bond actor George Lazenby has issued an apology for his “disgusting” interview.

After allegations surfaced that the former James Bond actor George Lazenby had made creepy and disgusting remarks during an on-stage interview, Lazenby issued an apology for his behavior. The actor, who is best known for his role as 007 in the film On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969), was in Australia as part of a tour titled The Music of James Bond. Some people in the audience in Perth took offense to what they referred to as “homophobic” statements as well as explicit anecdotes. 

Lazenby expressed his regret at the news that some of his readers had been hurt by the content of his writings. In a statement, he said, “It was never my intention to make hurtful or homophobic comments and I am truly sorry if my stories that I have shared many times were taken that way,” The Australian actor, who is 83 years old, has been taken out of all of the next performances on the tour. 

During Lazenby’s performance on Saturday in Perth, the theater producer Concert works expressed “great sadness and disappointment” in the “language, comments, and recollections” that the actor used throughout the piece. Aaron Kernaghan, the lawyer for the company said they were his personal views, and there is no excuse for this in today’s society. They however do not reflect the views of Concert works and there is no excuse for this in today’s society. 

The organization has communicated with concertgoers who voiced concerns and has extended an apology to all parties involved, including the crowd, the performers, and the Perth Concert Hall. In the meanwhile, it has “decided to cease its engagement with Mr. Lazenby” and has begun “a complete assessment of the matter,” according to Mr. Kernaghan’s additional comments.

See Also

Lazenby was catapulted to fame in 1969 when he was cast to replace Sean Connery in the James Bond franchise. The role of James Bond had been held by Connery since 1962. 

A former model who had no previous experience acting, he only acted in one film, claiming to have declined an offer of one million dollars in cash to reprise the character he played in that film.

What's Your Reaction?
Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Not Sure
0
Silly
0
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top