• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Government
Trump Hid in Catering Truck During Secret Plane Swap Over Iran Threat

Air Force One Report Leads To Subpoenas For Multiple New York Times Reporters

Ayobami OwolabibyAyobami Owolabi
1 month ago
in Government
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

The Trump administration has reportedly issued subpoenas to several New York Times journalists following the newspaper’s report on security concerns surrounding the new Air Force One, according to the publication.

The aircraft, which President Donald Trump accepted as a gift from Qatar, officially entered service last week.

According to the newspaper, the subpoenas require the journalists to appear before a federal grand jury in Manhattan on Wednesday. It also reported that federal agents personally delivered some of the subpoenas to the reporters at their homes.

The report has not been independently verified, while the White House and the U.S. Department of Justice had not responded to requests for comment at the time of filing.

“The appearance of federal law enforcement agents on the doorstep of news reporters should shock the conscience of any American who believes in the Constitution and the press freedom it protects,” said the paper’s lawyer, David McCraw, in a Friday statement.

Air Force One Report Leads To Subpoenas For Multiple New York Times Reporters

The latest developments followed President Donald Trump’s use of the new Air Force One during the NATO summit in Turkey. However, on Wednesday, he departed aboard one of the older Air Force One aircraft for Mildenhall, a Royal Air Force base in Suffolk, England. Both planes travelled to the base, where Trump later transferred to the newer jet for the return trip to Joint Base Andrews.

The unexpected aircraft change came as a fragile ceasefire involving Iran collapsed, with the United States launching airstrikes on Iran and Tehran retaliating by attacking three Gulf Arab states. Since Iran and Turkey share a border, the move fuelled speculation that the Qatari-donated aircraft, despite undergoing a $400 million retrofit, might not yet be equipped with some of the advanced security and countermeasure systems.

On Wednesday, the newspaper reported that the aircraft change was carried out at the recommendation of the U.S. Secret Service. In a separate report published on Thursday, it was alleged that the newer Air Force One lacks some of the advanced security features fitted to the older aircraft, including anti-missile defence systems. Both reports relied on anonymous sources.

At the time, Trump dismissed claims that the aircraft switch was prompted by security concerns. In a post on social media, he said the stop at Mildenhall was arranged so service members stationed there could see the new aircraft.

While speaking to reporters during the flight, Trump also rejected suggestions that tensions involving Iran influenced the decision to fly both aircraft back. When asked whether he had received intelligence about any credible Iranian threat to Air Force One, the president brushed aside the question.

“I have a threat all the time. I’m No. 1 on their list,” Trump said.

The White House later rejected reports suggesting the new aircraft had any security deficiencies, insisting there were no shortcomings with the plane.

“The new Air Force One is a state-of-the-art aircraft that has been fitted with high-level security protocols that ensure the safety of the President and his staff,” spokesman Steven Cheung said in a statement. “As the President has said recently, there are many enemies of America who have their sights on him, and we use every tool at our disposal — including distraction and misdirection — to address those threats.”

According to the newspaper, the journalists served with subpoenas include Julian E. Barnes, Eric Lipton, Tyler Pager, and Eric Schmitt.

Earlier this year, the U.S. Department of Justice also issued subpoenas seeking testimony from reporters at The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal, but later withdrew them in both cases.

Tags: Air Force Onefederal characterForeign NewsgovernmentNew York TimesNewsReporters
Share235SendTweet147
Ayobami Owolabi

Ayobami Owolabi

Owolabi Ayobami is an emerging entertainment journalist, dedicated to delivering the latest scoop on Nollywood, music, and celebrity culture. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for storytelling, he brings fresh insights and perspectives to the entertainment beat.

Related Stories

​Iran Claims Victory: Did Trump Lose the War?

​Iran Claims Victory: Did Trump Lose the War?

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Iran claims victory in its nearly six-month conflict with the United States, leaving millions wondering if Donald Trump lost a war he promised to settle quickly. Iranian President...

Trump Seeks To Block BBC Family Records Request In Ongoing Defamation Case

Trump Seeks To Block BBC Family Records Request In Ongoing Defamation Case

byAyobami Owolabi
0

US President Donald Trump has asked a federal court to reject the BBC’s request to obtain testimony and documents from three members of his family as part of...

UK, France Diplomats Accuse Israel of 'Erasure' of Palestine in Joint Letter

UK, France Diplomats Accuse Israel of ‘Erasure’ of Palestine in Joint Letter

bySomto Nwanolue
0

More than 100 French and British former diplomats have said Palestine is being erased in front of the world's eyes and called for urgent action, including trade and...

Federal Judge Blocks Trump's 75-Country Visa Ban, Rules Policy Unlawful

Federal Judge Blocks Trump’s 75-Country Visa Ban, Rules Policy Unlawful

bySomto Nwanolue
0

A federal judge ruled against the Trump administration's pause on issuing visas to immigrants from 75 countries on Friday, delivering a significant setback to the president's immigration crackdown....

Next Post
​“F* the City”: Landlord Bribes Baltimore Official $25K to Wipe $147K in Bills

Bipartisan Housing Bill Takes Effect Without Trump’s Signature

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • ​Iran Claims Victory: Did Trump Lose the War?
  • ​FDA Alert: 40,000 Clear Eyes Bottles Recalled
  • Jodie Woods Veneers at 19: The Backlash, the Risks, and the Dentist Debate

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .