Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Relationship and Life
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Relationship and Life
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Benzema goes to trial for involvement in Sextape scandal

Taiwo CokerbyTaiwo Coker
October 21, 2021
in News
0
Benzema goes to trial for involvement in Sextape scandal
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Karim Benzema and four other suspects went to court trial on Wednesday 20th of October 2021 in Versailles, France, six years after the alleged sex video blackmail against former France international, Mathieu Valbuena.

The Real madrid striker is being accused of involvement in the case known as “Sextape affair” with an attempt to blackmail his former international teammate, Mathieu Valbuena. 

As mentioned by the Prosecutors, Valbuena was said to have received a call threatening to leak the sex tape in June, 2015 while he was with the French natonal squad at the training centre in Paris.

Valbuena (left) and Benzema, right.

According to Le Monde via the Guardian, Valbuena said: “Benzema didn’t give hostile attitude neither did he call to talk to me directly about the money but insisted I meet someone and that seemed suspicious.

He said he doesn’t feel anyone would want to destroy a video without taking something in return because people can not be taken as idiots.” 

Prior to that, an anonymous caller had called the Olympiacos midfielder, asking for an arrangement and he was also asked to name a negotiator. 

Benzema was said to have been called up by the alleged blackmailers to convince his team mate to pay up according to the Prosecutors. The 33-year-old forward denied the allegations and it was described as “absurd” by the striker’s lawyer.

This scandal made Valbuena and Benzema lose their place in the French squad, but the Los Blancos forward was recalled back into the squad for the recently concluded European Championship. 

Karim Benzema is expected to be absent in court, but his lawyers will represent him and if the Judge finds him guilty, He would face up to five years in jail and a $87,240.00 fine.

Tags: allegationbenzemablackmailcourtMadridNewsscandalsex tapeSportstrialvalboune
Taiwo Coker

Taiwo Coker

Taiwo Coker is a well respected voice in the news and media space. He has been featured and published in many online and print media and his works transcends the borders of Nigeria. He is a graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Lagos and had worked non-stop on his passion and ambition ever since then. He likes to travel and explore the world and this is how he gets his inspiration to create amazing news and articles that touch people across the globe.

Related Posts

Pakistani Taliban Claims Suicide Attack That Killed 11 Soldiers, Child Near Afghan Border
News

Pakistani Taliban Claims Suicide Attack That Killed 11 Soldiers, Child Near Afghan Border

February 17, 2026
Hollywood Unites Against ByteDance as Disney Leads Legal Charge Over AI Copyright Breach
News

Hollywood Unites Against ByteDance as Disney Leads Legal Charge Over AI Copyright Breach

February 16, 2026
Tumbler Ridge School Shooter Killed Her Family First—Police Make New Revelations
News

Tumbler Ridge School Shooter Killed Her Family First—Police Make New Revelations

February 12, 2026
Next Post
Incessant Bloodbaths: Government helplessness and self-abnegation

Incessant Bloodbaths: Government helplessness and self-abnegation

What happens if Saraki is unable to secure the PDP presidential nomination?

What happens if Saraki is unable to secure the PDP presidential nomination?

2023: Atiku, Tambuwal, Bala nursing Presidential ambition – Gov Makinde

2023: Atiku, Tambuwal, Bala nursing Presidential ambition - Gov Makinde

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Nigeria’s Economic Time Bomb: Will the Youth Survive the Impending Doom?

Nigeria’s Economic Time Bomb: Will the Youth Survive the Impending Doom?

1 year ago
Apple Suspends AI News Alerts Due to Repeated Errors and False Headlines

Apple Suspends AI News Alerts Due to Repeated Errors and False Headlines

1 year ago
Nollywood Veteran actor, Zulu Adigwe Passes Away

Nollywood Veteran actor, Zulu Adigwe Passes Away

2 years ago
Christmas Day Tragedy Claims Nine Lives in Osun State

Christmas Day Tragedy Claims Nine Lives in Osun State

2 years ago

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Relationship and Life
  • Sports
  • Tech

Topics

2023 Aboki/Bureau De Change (BDC) apc Arsenal buhari Business cbn chelsea china court Davido Dollar Efcc Election Entertainment Euro and Pounds To Naira Exchange Rate For Today exchange rates for the Nigerian Naira (NGN) Fashion federal character federal government Finance Football Foreign News government health inec Israel lagos Manchester United Naira Naira Black Market exchange rates News Nigeria pdp police Politics president protest Russia Sports tinubu trump UK ukraine US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

CAF Official Claims Morocco ‘Robbed’ in AFCON 2025 Final Defeat to Senegal

Supreme Court Deals Major Blow to Trump’s Second-Term Agenda

Epstein Fallout: Police Release Prince Andrew

Do Not Give Away Diego Garcia!” Trump Warns Britain

Police Raid Royal Mansion as Andrew Investigation Deepens

Eric Dane, ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Euphoria’ Star, Dead at 53

Trending

Prince Andrew: Soon to be the Deposed Prince!
Government

Prince Andrew: Soon to be the Deposed Prince!

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
February 20, 2026
0

​The final pillars of royal protection are crumbling around Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. Following a week of unprecedented legal...

Trump Issues 15-Day Ultimatum: Iran Must Obey or Face Consequences

Trump Issues 15-Day Ultimatum: Iran Must Obey or Face Consequences

February 20, 2026
FA has decided not to take any action against Ratcliffe after his comments about immigration

FA has decided not to take any action against Ratcliffe after his comments about immigration

February 20, 2026
CAF Official Claims Morocco ‘Robbed’ in AFCON 2025 Final Defeat to Senegal

CAF Official Claims Morocco ‘Robbed’ in AFCON 2025 Final Defeat to Senegal

February 20, 2026
Supreme Court Deals Major Blow to Trump's Second-Term Agenda

Supreme Court Deals Major Blow to Trump’s Second-Term Agenda

February 20, 2026

We launched Federal Character in February 2021 based on the belief that the world is in need of smarter and more efficient reporting of events shaping our rapidly changing world. We pledged to put our audience first, always.

Recent News

  • Prince Andrew: Soon to be the Deposed Prince!
  • Trump Issues 15-Day Ultimatum: Iran Must Obey or Face Consequences
  • FA has decided not to take any action against Ratcliffe after his comments about immigration

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Relationship and Life
  • Sports
  • Tech

© FederalCharacter.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Relationship and Life
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
  • Opinion

© 2024 Federalcharacter.com