• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Government
FCTA Targets 500 Structures for Demolition, Gives 24-Hour Notice To Residents

FCTA Targets 500 Structures for Demolition, Gives 24-Hour Notice To Residents

Somto NwanoluebySomto Nwanolue
2 years ago
in Government
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

The Department of Development Control, FCT Administration, FCTA, has issued a 24-hour demolition notice to the workers at the illegal markets and shanties along Karmo–Dei-Dei Road corridor.

A news report by NAN revealed that over 500 illegal structures and shanties, located along the road corridor were targeted for demolition.

The Sector Monitor and Assistant Director in the department, Mr Garba Jibril, who spearheaded the exercise in Abuja on Monday, had however, said that the affected owners had been served with several notices earlier.

Jibril also added that the Director of Development Control, Mr Mukhtar Galadima, hosted a sensitisation meeting with critical stakeholders as regards to the matter.

In an explainer, Jibril said that demolishing the structures was obligatory as they posed a nuisance on the road in addition to causing heavy traffic, especially on their market days.

The team lead additionally revealed that the FCTA had awarded a contract for the construction of Life Camp–Dei-Dei Road but the traders’ continuous stay on the road corridor was barring the contractors from moving to the site.

Jibril concluded his statement by saying that the 24-hour notice was not to be played with and those who refuse to comply will only have themselves to blame.

Table of Contents

Toggle
  • Why It Matters
  • Bottom Line

Why It Matters

With over 500 illegal structures and shanties earmarked for removal along the Karmo–Dei-Dei Road corridor, the FCT Administration’s action is geared towards addressing pressing issues of traffic congestion and safety hazards.

By issuing a 24-hour notice to residents, the authorities are highlighting the urgency of compliance.

Overall, this demolition not only cracks down on illegal activities of the traders and residents at large, it also signifies a commitment to promoting sustainable urban growth and ensuring the welfare of all residents.

Bottom Line

The demolition of over 500 illegal structures along the Karmo–Dei-Dei Road corridor, coupled with the 24-hour notice issued to residents, is a great marker of the FCT Administration’s commitment to addressing traffic congestion, safety hazards, and building new infrastructure for the residents in the state.

Tags: FCTA Targets 500 Structures for Demolitionfederal characterGives 24-Hour Notice To ResidentsgovernmentNewsNigeria
Share234SendTweet146
Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue is a news writer with a keen eye for spotting trending news and crafting engaging stories. Her interests includes beauty, lifestyle and fashion. Her life’s passion is to bring information to the right audience in written medium

Related Stories

Trump Seeks To Block BBC Family Records Request In Ongoing Defamation Case

Trump Seeks To Block BBC Family Records Request In Ongoing Defamation Case

byAyobami Owolabi
0

US President Donald Trump has asked a federal court to reject the BBC’s request to obtain testimony and documents from three members of his family as part of...

UK, France Diplomats Accuse Israel of 'Erasure' of Palestine in Joint Letter

UK, France Diplomats Accuse Israel of ‘Erasure’ of Palestine in Joint Letter

bySomto Nwanolue
0

More than 100 French and British former diplomats have said Palestine is being erased in front of the world's eyes and called for urgent action, including trade and...

Federal Judge Blocks Trump's 75-Country Visa Ban, Rules Policy Unlawful

Federal Judge Blocks Trump’s 75-Country Visa Ban, Rules Policy Unlawful

bySomto Nwanolue
0

A federal judge ruled against the Trump administration's pause on issuing visas to immigrants from 75 countries on Friday, delivering a significant setback to the president's immigration crackdown....

Ed Martin Leaves Justice Department After Chaotic Tenure, Controversies

Ed Martin Leaves Justice Department After Chaotic Tenure, Controversies

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Ed Martin, the head of the Justice Department's Weaponization Working Group who also served as the US pardon attorney, is leaving the department, capping a chaotic tenure marked...

Next Post
Tiktok Video Lands Man In Trouble In Adamawa State

Tiktok Video Lands Man In Trouble In Adamawa State

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • Trump Seeks To Block BBC Family Records Request In Ongoing Defamation Case
  • Tesla Sets Date To Unveil New Cybercab Robotaxi
  • UK, France Diplomats Accuse Israel of ‘Erasure’ of Palestine in Joint Letter

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .