• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Government
Why Gaza is Suffering More Now Than During the Peak of the Two-Year Conflict

Hamas Awaits Trump’s Gaza Truce Proposal Amid Rising Death Toll

Eriki Joan UgunushebyEriki Joan Ugunushe
1 year ago
in Government
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

Tensions remain high as Hamas leaders prepare to review what U.S. President Donald Trump described as the “final proposal” for a Gaza ceasefire. The proposal, set for discussion on Friday evening, suggests a 60-day pause in fighting.

Two senior Hamas sources confirmed that the group is demanding solid guarantees before giving any reply. One of the sources stressed that Hamas wants assurances from mediators that peace talks will happen during the ceasefire and that it would be extended if no agreement is reached within the proposed timeline.

The source also revealed that Hamas is pushing for the return of the United Nations’ role in delivering humanitarian aid, including ensuring the operation of Gaza’s bakeries. The group insists that Israel must not use the flow of aid as a bargaining tool during negotiations.

Trump, who announced earlier this week that Israel had agreed to the plan’s conditions, said he expects Hamas to respond within hours. However, the exact timing of the group’s decision remains unclear.

Table of Contents

Toggle
  • Trump Pushes For Gaza Ceasefire Amid Netanyahu’s Silence
  • Gaza Faces Bloodshed Amid Uncertain Talks
  • Growing Pressure for Immediate Action

Trump Pushes For Gaza Ceasefire Amid Netanyahu’s Silence

President Trump declared on Tuesday that Israel had accepted all “necessary conditions” for the ceasefire deal. He stressed that the plan aims to stop the war in Gaza and rescue hostages during the 60-day window.

Despite Trump’s announcement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has remained silent. His government has made it clear in previous statements that disarming Hamas remains its top demand, a condition Hamas has outright rejected.

Netanyahu is expected to meet with Trump in Washington on Monday. When asked on Friday if Hamas had approved the latest proposal, Trump replied, “We are going to know over the next 24 hours.”

Trump also told reporters that he intends to be “very firm” with Netanyahu about the urgent need for a ceasefire, adding that both sides have shown interest in ending the conflict.

“We hope it’s going to happen. And we’re looking forward to it happening sometime next week,” Trump said. “We want to get the hostages out.”

Gaza Faces Bloodshed Amid Uncertain Talks

As ceasefire talks continue, violence in Gaza has intensified. Palestinian health officials reported that Israeli airstrikes killed at least 138 people within the last 24 hours.

In Khan Younis, a strike on a tent camp killed 15 Palestinians around 2 a.m., according to doctors at Nasser Hospital. The victims were displaced civilians seeking shelter from the ongoing war.

The Israeli military, however, said its troops had neutralized militants, seized weapons, and destroyed Hamas sites across Gaza. It claimed that around 100 targets were hit, including weapons depots and rocket launchers.

Growing Pressure for Immediate Action

Palestinians and Israelis alike are demanding urgent steps to stop the war. Many civilians in Gaza have been left homeless, starving, and exposed to constant bombings.

On the streets, there are calls for immediate peace. Both sides are watching closely to see if Trump’s proposal will offer a real path toward ending the bloodshed.

Whether this ceasefire deal leads to peace or becomes just another failed attempt remains uncertain. However, Gaza continues to pay the price, as more innocent lives are lost with every passing hour.

Tags: death tollfederal characterForeign NewsGaza TrucegovernmentHamasNews
Share234SendTweet146
Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe is a dedicated news writer and an aspiring entertainment and media lawyer. Graduated from the University of Ibadan, she combines her legal acumen with a passion for writing to craft compelling news stories.Eriki's commitment to effective communication shines through her participation in the Jobberman soft skills training, where she honed her abilities to overcome communication barriers, embrace the email culture, and provide and receive constructive feedback. She has also nurtured her creativity skills, understanding how creativity fosters critical thinking—a valuable asset in both writing and law.

Related Stories

​DOJ Probes DEA Over Fentanyl "Walking" Strategy

​DOJ Probes DEA Over Fentanyl “Walking” Strategy

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​The U.S. Department of Justice Inspector General launched a formal review into controversial federal law enforcement tactics following revelations that drug enforcement agents repeatedly monitored but declined to...

US Grid to Cut Power to New Data Centers First Amid Shortages

US Grid to Cut Power to New Data Centers First Amid Shortages

bySomto Nwanolue
0

PJM Interconnection, the grid operator serving 67 million people across 13 states and Washington, D.C., has asked federal regulators to approve rules that would cut power to new...

​Canada Races to Avoid New U.S. Tariffs Ahead of Deadline

​Canada Races to Avoid New U.S. Tariffs Ahead of Deadline

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Canadian government officials are holding urgent talks in Washington to stop a massive wave of new U.S. tariffs on Canada that could hit billions of dollars worth of...

​Court Restricts BBC Defense Strategy in $10 Billion Legal Battle

BBC Seeks Subpoenas for Ivanka, Kushner, Don Jr. in Trump Defamation Suit

bySomto Nwanolue
0

The BBC has asked a Florida court to subpoena members of President Trump's family as part of the British public broadcaster's legal defense against Mr. Trump's $10 billion...

Next Post
Zelenskyy Gains Momentum In Washington Amid Sanctions Push

Zelenskiy Orders Urgent Drone Interceptor Expansion

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • ​DOJ Probes DEA Over Fentanyl “Walking” Strategy
  • US Grid to Cut Power to New Data Centers First Amid Shortages
  • ​Canada Races to Avoid New U.S. Tariffs Ahead of Deadline

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .