• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment
Italy Cancels Kanye West Concerts Amid Ongoing Controversy

Italy Cancels Kanye West Concerts Amid Ongoing Controversy

Ayobami OwolabibyAyobami Owolabi
3 months ago
in Entertainment
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

American rapper and fashion entrepreneur Kanye West has suffered another setback to his international tour plans after Italian authorities blocked two of his scheduled performances.

Officials in the northern Italian city of Reggio Emilia cancelled concerts planned for July 17 and 18, which were expected to feature West alongside fellow American rapper Travis Scott.

The decision was reportedly taken by local prefect Salvatore Angieri, who cited concerns over public safety, security and the possibility of demonstrations surrounding the events.

West has not publicly responded to the latest cancellation, adding to a growing list of disrupted performances linked to the backlash over his past antisemitic remarks and comments viewed as supportive of Nazi ideology.

Italy joins several European countries where planned appearances by the rapper have recently encountered resistance.

Italy Cancels Kanye West Concerts Amid Ongoing Controversy

 

Last month, Swiss football club FC Basel withdrew permission for a concert that had been scheduled at St. Jakob-Park.

Club officials said the event was “not in accordance with our values” and announced they would not proceed with the booking after reviewing the situation.

A separate show planned at the Silesian Stadium in Poland was also scrapped. Venue officials cited “due to formal and legal reasons” when announcing the cancellation after criticism from Polish Culture Minister Marta Cienkoska.

“We are talking about an artist who has publicly expressed antisemitic views, downplayed crimes and profited from selling swastika T-shirts,” she said.

“These are not ‘controversies’. This is a deliberate crossing of boundaries and the normalisation of hatred.”

The cancelled appearance would have marked West’s first concert in Poland in 15 years.

The rapper also faced opposition in the United Kingdom, where his planned headline appearance at Wireless Festival generated controversy before authorities reportedly refused him entry into the country.

In France, a concert scheduled for Marseille in June was postponed indefinitely. At the time, French media reported that Interior Minister Laurent Nunez was seeking to prevent the event from taking place.

Announcing the postponement, West wrote: “After much thought and consideration, it is my sole decision to postpone my show in Marseille, France until further notice.”

He later added: “I know it takes time to understand the sincerity of my commitment to make amends.

“I take full responsibility for what’s mine but I don’t want to put my fans in the middle of it. My fans are everything to me. Looking forward to the next shows.”

Despite the growing opposition in some countries, West remains scheduled to perform in the Netherlands next month. Dutch authorities recently stated that there were no legal grounds to prevent his entry.

Migration Minister Bart van den Brink said, “Solid grounds are needed to bar people ⁠from entering [the Netherlands]. We have not found those in the analyses that were conducted.

“His past statements are not, at this moment, a reason to deny him entry.”

West has spent much of 2026 attempting to repair his public image. Earlier this year, he issued a public apology for his past antisemitic conduct through a full-page advertisement in The Wall Street Journal.

In the message, addressed to “Those I’ve Hurt,” the rapper said untreated bipolar disorder had contributed to his behaviour and admitted he had “lost touch with reality.”

Tags: Entertainmentfederal characterForeign NewsitalyKanye West ConcertsNews
Share234SendTweet147
Ayobami Owolabi

Ayobami Owolabi

Owolabi Ayobami is an emerging entertainment journalist, dedicated to delivering the latest scoop on Nollywood, music, and celebrity culture. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for storytelling, he brings fresh insights and perspectives to the entertainment beat.

Related Stories

Hayden Panettiere's Boyfriend Called 911 When She Died in SC Apartment

Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend Called 911 When She Died in SC Apartment

bySomto Nwanolue
0

When Hayden Panettiere was found unresponsive in a South Carolina apartment on August 16, two men were there: her on-again, off-again boyfriend Brian Hickerson and his brother Zach....

BBNaija: Meet Housemates Who Voluntarily Quit The Reality Show

BBNaija: Meet Housemates Who Voluntarily Quit The Reality Show

byAyobami Owolabi
0

Big Brother Naija has produced countless memorable moments since its return to Nigerian television, from unexpected romances and explosive arguments to shocking evictions and emotional farewells. Although contestants...

929m Monthly Listeners: Burna Boy Pushes Afrobeats Further Onto Global Stage

929m Monthly Listeners: Burna Boy Pushes Afrobeats Further Onto Global Stage

byAyobami Owolabi
0

The global reach of Afrobeats continues to expand, with Nigerian music star Burna Boy reportedly achieving another major streaming milestone on YouTube Music. The singer is said to...

Rod Stewart Cancels US Tour After Routine Heart Stent Procedure at 81

Rod Stewart Cancels US Tour After Routine Heart Stent Procedure at 81

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Sir Rod Stewart has called off the remaining dates of his US tour after having what was described as a "routine" heart procedure. The 81-year-old singer has been...

Next Post
Trump’s New Citizens Nightmare: 250 Americans Targeted to Lose Visas and Passports

New Rules For Green Card Applicants Starts In June.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • If Gen Z Is Dating Less, Why Are Weddings Everywhere?
  • ​Trump Administration Targets ABA Law School Accreditation
  • Employee Strikes Force Airbus to Drop Return-To-Office Plans

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .