• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Security Footage of Suspect in the White House Dinner Shooting Released by DOJ

Security Footage of Suspect in the White House Dinner Shooting Released by DOJ

Somto NwanoluebySomto Nwanolue
3 weeks ago
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

The video is nearly six minutes long. It shows a man walking back and forth down a hotel corridor. It shows him passing through a fitness center. Then it shows him charging through a security checkpoint, carrying what appears to be a long-barreled gun, as uniformed police and agents in suits scramble to stop him.

The US Department of Justice on Thursday released video footage of the man accused of trying to assassinate President Donald Trump last weekend as he charged through a hotel security checkpoint and shot a Secret Service officer.

Jeanine Pirro, US attorney for the District of Columbia, said on X that the security footage also showed suspect Cole Allen “casing the area” in the Washington Hilton during the day before Saturday’s attack at an annual media gala in the capital. The nearly six-minute video features several clips of a man walking back and forth down a corridor and through a fitness center. A more dramatic excerpt shows the man, carrying what appears to be a long-barreled gun, charging through a security checkpoint past uniformed police and agents in suits.

Table of Contents

Toggle
  • What the Video Shows
  • The Suspect
  • The Security Questions
  • The Bottom Line

Security Footage of Suspect in the White House Dinner Shooting Released by DOJ
What the Video Shows

Pirro said the video shows “Cole Allen shoot a US Secret Service officer during his attempt to assassinate the President at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.”

“There is no evidence the shooting was the result of friendly fire,” she said, adding that the video had already been provided to the US District Court.

The footage appears to show a Secret Service agent discharging his weapon three times in the direction of the assailant, although police have stressed that Allen was not shot during the attack. In a slow-motion clip released by the Justice Department, white circles are placed around one agent’s weapon at the three moments in which muzzle blasts are seen from the firearm.

Allen, 31, was tackled and detained in a chaotic scuffle with security guards. Shots were fired. Remarkably, no one was killed.

His capture does not feature in the video released Thursday, and it was not immediately clear from the footage who was shot. The victim — the Secret Service officer — is not identified in the clips. The moment of the shooting is visible. The aftermath is not.

The Suspect

Allen, from the state of California, was charged in court on Monday with attempting to assassinate the Republican president. He faces up to life in prison if convicted.

The video shows him casing the area. It shows him preparing. It shows him charging. What it does not show is why. The Justice Department has not disclosed a motive. Allen has not publicly spoken. The footage answers the question of how. The question of why remains open.

The Security Questions

The video raises as many questions as it answers about security protocols at one of Washington’s most high-profile annual events. A man with a long-barreled gun was able to charge through a security checkpoint at the Washington Hilton, the venue for the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, while the president was present. He shot a Secret Service officer. He was not shot himself. He was tackled and detained.

The Secret Service has faced scrutiny before over security lapses. The Reagan assassination attempt in 1981. The fence-jumper incident in 2014. The near-miss of a man with a knife outside the White House in 2021. Each time, the agency promises reforms. Each time, a new incident reveals new gaps.

The release of the footage is a transparency measure. But it also exposes the agency to public criticism. The video shows agents responding. It also shows how close Allen came to succeeding.

The Bottom Line

The Justice Department released nearly six minutes of security footage showing Cole Allen, the man accused of attempting to assassinate President Donald Trump, casing the Washington Hilton and then charging through a security checkpoint with a long-barreled gun. The video shows Allen shooting a Secret Service officer during the attack at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. The footage also appears to show a Secret Service agent discharging his weapon three times, though Allen was not shot. He was tackled and detained. No one was killed.

Allen, 31, of California, has been charged with attempting to assassinate the president and faces up to life in prison. The video answers how he got close. It does not answer why. And for the Secret Service, the footage is a reminder of how close the country came to a different outcome.

Tags: dojfederal characterForeign NewsgovernmentNewsSecurity FootageSuspectWhite House Dinner Shooting
Share234SendTweet146
Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue is a news writer with a keen eye for spotting trending news and crafting engaging stories. Her interests includes beauty, lifestyle and fashion. Her life’s passion is to bring information to the right audience in written medium

Related Stories

How Greedy Utility Companies Failed Maryland This Week

How Greedy Utility Companies Failed Maryland This Week

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​A wave of severe spring thunderstorms and fierce wind gusts ripped through central Maryland late Wednesday, knocking out power to more than 1,300 homes and local businesses. While...

Police Sue Trump Over $1.8 Billion Jan. 6 Rioter Fund

Police Sue Trump Over $1.8 Billion Jan. 6 Rioter Fund

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Two police officers who helped defend the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot are suing to block anyone from receiving payouts from a new $1.8 billion settlement...

​The Real Reason Baltimore is Running Out of Water

​The Real Reason Baltimore is Running Out of Water

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Summer hasn't even officially started, and nearly two million people in Maryland are already facing a major environmental crisis. Officials have sounded the alarm, asking residents across the...

ABC and SBS Refuse to Adopt Royal Commission's Antisemitism Definition

ABC and SBS Refuse to Adopt Royal Commission’s Antisemitism Definition

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Australia's two public broadcasters have drawn a line in the sand. They will not use the definition of antisemitism adopted by the Royal Commission investigating social cohesion. Their...

Next Post
Abandoning Baltimore: Why Lifelong Residents Finally Give Up

Abandoning Baltimore: Why Lifelong Residents Finally Give Up

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • Legal Corruption: Why Trump’s $1.7 Billion Ally Payday Is Totally Legal
  • Kamala Harris’s Court-Packing Threat Will Ruin Judicial Legitimacy
  • How Greedy Utility Companies Failed Maryland This Week

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .