• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Government
Judge Allows Trump to End TPS for 5,000 Ethiopians in the US

Trump Seeks Changes To Draft Iran Deal As Debate Intensifies Over Tehran’s Nuclear, Missile Programs

Ayobami OwolabibyAyobami Owolabi
3 months ago
in Government
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

President Donald Trump has reportedly requested revisions to a draft agreement being negotiated between the United States and Iran, as discussions over Tehran’s nuclear programme continue.

According to reports, Trump made the request during a Situation Room meeting on Friday, asking negotiators to make changes to provisions dealing with Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile, future nuclear activities and language concerning the Strait of Hormuz.

The proposed agreement reportedly includes a 60-day negotiation framework and outlines measures related to Iran’s nuclear programme. However, Trump is said to be seeking clearer terms regarding the handling and transfer of Iran’s nuclear materials.

Negotiations remain ongoing, with officials expecting further responses from Tehran in the coming days. No final agreement has been reached.

Meanwhile, Iranian officials have insisted that sanctions have not stopped the country’s oil exports.

Trump Seeks Changes To Draft Iran Deal As Debate Intensifies Over Tehran’s Nuclear, Missile Programs

Gholam Reza Dehghan Naserabadi, a member of Iran’s parliament and its Energy Committee, said the country continues to sell crude oil through various channels despite international restrictions.

“Countries purchasing Iranian oil have, to some extent, been able to benefit from sanctions exemptions, while Iran continues to export its oil through different methods,” he said.

The political atmosphere in Iran has also been stirred by comments from hardline lawmaker Hamid Rasaei, whose recent social media post sparked speculation about the country’s leadership.

Rasaei shared a message titled “Who is Qualified for Leadership?” on his Telegram channel, referencing a Quranic passage about Prophet Noah and his son. The post triggered criticism from political figures and commentators who interpreted it as an indirect reference to Iran’s new Supreme Leader, Mojtaba Khamenei.

Several critics accused the lawmaker of implying that Mojtaba Khamenei was unworthy of leadership.

One commentator questioned the timing of the post, asking: “What is the relevance of bringing up the issue of leadership under the current circumstances—when the late martyr-leader’s righteous son has succeeded him, and especially at a time when enemies are manufacturing rumors about this every single day—and then referencing the verse about Noah’s son? What on earth was Rasaei’s motive for spinning such a ridiculous, convoluted narrative?”

Others also demanded explanations, with conservative activist Mohammad-Hossein Chavoshi writing: “What is the meaning of Mr. Rasaei’s message? No matter how we look at it, it leaves a bad impression.”

The controversy intensified because the post appeared on the same day Mojtaba Khamenei publicly praised parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf and called for unity within the country’s political establishment.

Rasaei later rejected the allegations, saying he had merely reposted an older article and stressing that he had previously supported Mojtaba Khamenei’s qualifications for leadership.

The lawmaker maintained that he was among the first figures to publicly endorse Khamenei as a potential successor following reports of Ali Khamenei’s death.

As political tensions continue, analysts remain focused on Iran’s missile and nuclear capabilities.

Mark Dubowitz, Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation for Defence of Democracies (FDD), argued that both programmes should be viewed as a single strategic challenge.

According to him, recent military and diplomatic developments have slowed Tehran’s progress in both areas.

“The missile threat has been severely blunted, the nuclear timeline has been pushed back, and Tehran’s path to a deployable nuclear arsenal has become far more complicated and perilous,” Dubowitz said.

The remarks come as Washington and Tehran continue efforts to reach a broader agreement while regional and international observers closely monitor developments surrounding Iran’s nuclear ambitions, missile programme and internal political landscape.

Tags: federal characterIran DealMissile ProgramsNewsNuclearTehrantrump
Share234SendTweet147
Ayobami Owolabi

Ayobami Owolabi

Owolabi Ayobami is an emerging entertainment journalist, dedicated to delivering the latest scoop on Nollywood, music, and celebrity culture. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for storytelling, he brings fresh insights and perspectives to the entertainment beat.

Related Stories

UK to Face Storms as Biggest El Niño in Century Hits Autumn

UK to Face Storms as Biggest El Niño in Century Hits Autumn

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Increased rainfall and storms are forecast to hit the UK this autumn as a result of an "unprecedented" El Niño weather pattern developing over the Pacific Ocean, the...

USCIS Plans $100M+ Biometrics and Identity Tech Project

USCIS Plans $100M+ Biometrics and Identity Tech Project

bySomto Nwanolue
0

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is preparing to spend more than $100 million on a new biometrics and identity technology project that will support machine learning, entity resolution,...

Trump Aide Natalie Harp Worked Without Security Clearance for a Year

Trump Aide Natalie Harp Worked Without Security Clearance for a Year

bySomto Nwanolue
0

The White House faced fresh questions on Thursday over whether President Donald Trump's closest aide, Natalie Harp, had access to US government secrets without security clearance. Harp, who...

Liberia Agrees To Receive 1,200 Deportees From US

Haiti: First Deportees Arrive as US Ends TPS for 350,000 Haitians

bySomto Nwanolue
0

The United States deported more than 160 people to Haiti on Thursday for the first time since the Trump administration won a legal battle to end Temporary Protected...

Next Post
​The Netanyahu Phone Leak: Why Trump Is Lying About the "Crazy" Rant

Netanyahu Seizes 900-Year-Old Fort as Army Invades Deeper Into Lebanon

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • UEFA and Concacaf in talks over ambitious combined Nations League designed to rival FIFA
  • Aune Heggebo given two-match ban after ‘deliberately deceiving’ ref with handball goal
  • Real Madrid face unique La Liga referee ruling at Santiago Bernabeu

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .