President Donald Trump has announced that the United States has suspended a planned military operation against Iran following diplomatic appeals from several Gulf leaders who urged Washington to allow negotiations to continue.
In a post on Truth Social on Monday, Trump said he received requests from Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan asking that the planned strike be delayed due to ongoing diplomatic talks.
He said the military action had been scheduled for Tuesday but was put on hold after assurances that negotiations could produce a breakthrough agreement.

According to Trump, the Gulf leaders believe that “serious negotiations are now taking place” and expressed optimism that any eventual deal would be acceptable to the United States, the Middle East region, and the wider international community.
He added that a key condition of any agreement would be to ensure that Iran does not acquire nuclear weapons.
Iran has consistently denied pursuing nuclear weapons, maintaining that its nuclear programme is peaceful. Tehran also argues that US demands are politically motivated and violate its sovereign rights.
Diplomatic discussions between Washington and Tehran have reportedly continued since Trump announced a ceasefire on April 7, with Pakistan playing a mediation role while Gulf states are also believed to be involved behind the scenes.
The latest developments come after reports alleging that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates conducted covert strikes against Iran during the wider Middle East conflict, despite previously distancing themselves from direct involvement.
However, Trump said he has instructed Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Daniel Caine, and US forces to remain on standby for a possible “full, large-scale assault” if talks collapse.
Meanwhile, Iranian state-linked outlet Tasnim reported that Tehran has submitted a new 14-point proposal through Pakistani intermediaries for onward transmission to US officials, following Washington’s response to an earlier offer.




