Tyson Fury will be back in the ring as a professional heavyweight boxer and is planning to do so in 2026, according to The Sun.“I’m coming for every single one of them,” said Fury, who turned 28 on Tuesday.
The 37-year-old Briton’s last fight was in December 2024 when he was beaten for a second time by Oleksandr Usyk in their heavyweight rematch. Fury said he was retiring in the immediate aftermath, but few thought the decision would last, given his previous run-ins with boxing authorities and subsequent comebacks.
Rumours had increased in recent weeks after Fury posted training videos on social media, even showing off videos from training camps in Thailand. Those murmurs have been backed up on Sunday as the self-proclaimed “Gypsy King” wrote on Instagram: “That year is 2026. Return of the Mac. It’s been a minute, but I’m back now. And punching still at 37 years old.”

Fury had already retired after beating Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium in April 2022, only to return later that year. His promoter Frank Warren has always hinted that Fury would return with Saudi boxing supremo Turki Alalshikh, thought to be keen to help get him there for a long-awaited all-British clash with Anthony Joshua.
It’s unclear if that would be a crumble fight for Fury after Joshua was recently injured, which likely means he won’t be able to face Usyk next. And a third fight with Usyk isn’t the best move for Fury right now either, when you think about it.
Fury is undefeated in 34 professional fights, having won 34 and drawn one of his bouts, while his comeback ensures a competitive heavyweight division becomes even more exciting.















