• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home News
FIFA Defends Infantino as Questions Grow Over UEFA Exit Payment

FIFA President Infantino Criticizes Severe Racist Abuse Against Semenyo at Anfield

Hashim KolawolebyHashim Kolawole
1 year ago
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

FIFA President Gianni Infantino announced that he was deeply saddened by the racist abuse suffered by Bournemouth forward Antoine Semenyo during the Premier League game against Liverpool at Anfield.

He said that the offender’s behavior was “totally unacceptable” and that Semenyo had “given a remarkable demonstration of strength to the game despite such adversity.”The attacker, located in the stand and notably audible, shouted at the Ghana international during the first half.

Referee Anthony Taylor stopped the action momentarily, having spoken with the managers and the captains of the two teams before the home side’s kickoff.

FIFA President Infantino Criticizes Severe Racist Abuse Against Semenyo at Anfield

A 47-year-old man from Liverpool, who was removed from the stadium and arrested by Merseyside Police, is suspected of having caused a racially aggravated public order offence in the area, police said.

In a press release, Infantino described Semenyo as a strong and brave man: “The world of football is not for racism or any other form of discrimination.

Faced with all this, Antoine’s bravery and his performance on the pitch, become a strong example of human dignity and moral support.” FIFA’s Players’ Voice Panel, part of its anti-racism framework adopted in 2024, will certainly speak to the forward to provide moral help.Furthermore, Semenyo expressed his gratitude to the Liverpool players and the referees, as well as the other football professionals who supported him.

He also declared that since then, he has been bombarded with hateful messages of which some are racist too.The British Football League chief executive Richard Masters echoed the league’s position, saying that troublemakers who break the law or do not comply with the code of behavior will be subject to stadium bans and possible criminal proceedings.

Tags: anfieldfederal characterFIFA President InfantinoFootballNewsRacist AbuseSemenyoSports
Share234SendTweet147
Hashim Kolawole

Hashim Kolawole

I'm Hashim, a sports lover. Sport writing is my way of preaching sports to the world, merging my passion for the game with captivating storytelling. Hobbies include Sports, Literature, Travel, Writing, Music, exploring new types of sports.

Related Stories

Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Artworks in Sicily

Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Artworks in Sicily

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​​Police in Italy are investigating a major heist after thieves managed to get away with precious Antonello da Messina artworks stolen from a museum in Sicily over the...

​NYC Synagogue Attack: Suspect Faces Hate Crime Charges

​NYC Synagogue Attack: Suspect Faces Hate Crime Charges

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Police have formally charged a suspect with hate crimes following a violent NYC synagogue attack that interrupted Friday night Shabbat services in Midtown Manhattan. Authorities identified the suspect...

Tyson Shutters 2 Beef Plants, Sells Third as US Cattle Supply Crisis Worsens

Tyson Shutters 2 Beef Plants, Sells Third as US Cattle Supply Crisis Worsens

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Tyson Foods has announced plans to close its beef plant in Joslin, Illinois, and its case-ready facility in Eagle Mountain, Utah, while also seeking a buyer for its...

Study Visa Is Temporary, Alberta Premier Tells International Students

Study Visa Is Temporary, Alberta Premier Tells International Students

byAyobami Owolabi
0

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith has warned international students that studying in Canada does not guarantee permanent residency, urging those who cannot secure legal status after their studies to...

Next Post
Sinner Totally Outplays Zverev to Nab First Madrid Open Title

Sinner and Alcaraz Set for Cincinnati Final Showdown After Straight-Set Wins

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • BBNaija: Meet Housemates Who Voluntarily Quit The Reality Show
  • US Strategic Oil Reserves Plunge As Experts Warn Storage Caverns Could Be Damaged
  • Harvard, NYU Among 30 US Universities Under Pentagon Foreign-Tie Review

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .