• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Government
Kennedy Center Facing Shutdown Despite Judge’s Order

Kennedy Center Facing Shutdown Despite Judge’s Order

Eriki Joan UgunushebyEriki Joan Ugunushe
2 months ago
in Government
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

​ Government lawyers announced in court papers on Friday that they are still trying to find a way to shutdown performances in Kennedy Center, even though a federal judge recently told them the venue must remain open to the public.

​Last month, a judge named Christopher Cooper ruled against a plan to shut down the iconic theater for two years of construction. He also ordered the administration to stop trying to rename the building after President Trump. But despite that ruling, the theater’s management team says they are still looking at closing large parts of the building starting on July 5.

Table of Contents

Toggle
  • ​The Secret Plan to Keep the Stages Silent
  • ​My Opinion
  • ​The Final Choice Rests With the Board

​The Secret Plan to Keep the Stages Silent

​Even though the court told the government it cannot completely lock the doors, the theater’s bosses have found a loophole to stop hosting plays, concerts, and ballets.
​The main details from the new court papers show how the battle is playing out.

​The theater’s lawyers argue that the judge’s order tells them they cannot close the doors, but it does not force them to hire back fired staff or schedule new performances. They plan to keep the main hallways open to visitors while leaving the stages completely dark and quiet.

Kennedy Center Facing Shutdown Despite Judge’s Order

​The director of the facility is giving the board of directors three paths forward. They can choose to fully close anyway, execute a partial closing with tiny shows, or do a slow, multi-part closure that allows normal performances to continue.

​The administration complied with the order to take President Trump’s name off the outside of the building. However, they immediately put up giant construction scaffolding and a large tarp to cover up the front of the venue, hiding the letters from public view.

​Lawyers for the other side are furious. They claim the government is deliberately trying to turn the beautiful arts venue into a lifeless, empty shell out of pure political anger.

​My Opinion

​It is deeply embarrassing to watch the White House treat the Kennedy Center like a personal toy. The theater was built by Congress to be a living memorial to President John F. Kennedy. Trying to erase Kennedy’s name to put the current president’s name on the front of the building was a clear violation of federal law, and the judge was completely right to stop it.

​Now, because the administration lost that battle in court, they are throwing a tantrum. Instead of respecting the law and keeping the building vibrant for the American people, they have decided to act in bad faith. By refusing to schedule new acts, firing the stage crews, and covering the building’s beautiful front walls with ugly construction tarps, they are trying to ruin the venue through pure laziness and neglect.

​If a president cannot have their name on a building, they should not be allowed to turn off the lights and lock the actors out. This isn’t a real fight about structural renovations or fixing old pipes, it is an act of political revenge meant to punish the public and the lawmakers who stood up to the executive branch. The board of directors needs to stop listening to political orders from the White House and remember that their actual job is to protect American culture and keep the music playing.

​The Final Choice Rests With the Board

​The fate of the Kennedy Center will be decided during a board meeting in the middle of July.
​While the venue remains technically active under a court-ordered lifeline, the lack of real performances means the building is facing a quiet death.

Now that the public knows the Kennedy Center is facing shutdown despite the judge’s order, all eyes will turn back to the courtroom.

Tags: federal characterForeign NewsgovernmentKennedy CenterNews
Share234SendTweet147
Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe

Eriki Joan Ugunushe is a dedicated news writer and an aspiring entertainment and media lawyer. Graduated from the University of Ibadan, she combines her legal acumen with a passion for writing to craft compelling news stories.Eriki's commitment to effective communication shines through her participation in the Jobberman soft skills training, where she honed her abilities to overcome communication barriers, embrace the email culture, and provide and receive constructive feedback. She has also nurtured her creativity skills, understanding how creativity fosters critical thinking—a valuable asset in both writing and law.

Related Stories

​Trump Administration Targets ABA Law School Accreditation

​Trump Administration Targets ABA Law School Accreditation

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​The federal government is taking direct steps to strip long-standing ABA law school accreditation authority, signaling a change in how legal education is regulated across the country. Following...

Employee Strikes Force Airbus to Drop Return-To-Office Plans

Employee Strikes Force Airbus to Drop Return-To-Office Plans

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

European aerospace giant Airbus has eased its controversial return-to-office plans after a series of coordinated employee strikes and protests across Spain, France, and the UK. Chief Executive Guillaume...

Passengers Fight Delta Airlines Over Seat Downgrade Refund

Passengers Fight Delta Airlines Over Seat Downgrade Refund

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

Air travelers are increasingly calling out major carriers when paid upgrades turn into unexpected downgrades without quick compensation. In a recent case, an elderly couple faced a frustrating...

US Airman Arrested Again at Capitol After Calling for Trump's Impeachment

US Airman Arrested Again at Capitol After Calling for Trump’s Impeachment

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Jason Watson, the US service member who was arrested on the steps of the US Capitol last month after calling for the impeachment of President Donald Trump, has...

Next Post
Trump Ally Jim Jordan Faces Backlash Over ICE Contractor Dark Money

Trump Ally Jim Jordan Faces Backlash Over ICE Contractor Dark Money

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • If Gen Z Is Dating Less, Why Are Weddings Everywhere?
  • ​Trump Administration Targets ABA Law School Accreditation
  • Employee Strikes Force Airbus to Drop Return-To-Office Plans

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .