• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Telecom Commence Strike, Possible Shutdown Looms

Telecom Commence Strike, Possible Shutdown Looms

Somto NwanoluebySomto Nwanolue
2 years ago
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

The Nigerian Telecom sector is at risk of shutdown as workers under the union of Private Telecommunications and Communications Senior Staff Association have fully began a strike action.

The union had previously, on Monday, threatened to cripple telecommunications services nationwide.

Okonu Abdullahi, the Secretary-General had revealed the commencement of the strike action via a statement on Monday.

He also emphasised how the union’s members were over 800 people, working at various Nigeria telecoms company facilities, network centers and other critical telecommunications, including IHS and Huawei.

What They’re Saying

Abdullahi had said;

“The union, among other things, is demanding the reinstatement of some of its sacked workers, recognition of the union, improved working conditions, and remittance of membership dues.

“The strike has become inevitable because of the prevalent precarious working conditions our members are enduring in the sector, the refusal of the employers to recognize and respect the constitutional right of these workers to freely associate with the union, and the unjust sack of three members of the union,” he stated in the seven-day strike notice.

“The implications of the strike will be massive because we have told all our members not to respond to any service outage from our employers.

“The fact remains that there are outages every day, and if our engineers do not respond to those outages, subscribers in those areas will be affected,” he said.

Meanwhile, Gbenga Adebayo, the Chairman of the Association of Licensed Telecom Operators of Nigeria, had in reaction to the development, said that the group was unknown to its members (including MTN, Globacom, Airtel, 9-mobile and other telcos in the country).

“This group is not known to us in ALTON, and the companies mentioned are not members of ALTON”, he declared.

Tags: federal characterNewsNigeriaPossible Shutdown LoomsstriketelecomTelecom Commence Strike
Share234SendTweet146
Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue is a news writer with a keen eye for spotting trending news and crafting engaging stories. Her interests includes beauty, lifestyle and fashion. Her life’s passion is to bring information to the right audience in written medium

Related Stories

​The Real Reason Baltimore is Running Out of Water

​The Real Reason Baltimore is Running Out of Water

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Summer hasn't even officially started, and nearly two million people in Maryland are already facing a major environmental crisis. Officials have sounded the alarm, asking residents across the...

ABC and SBS Refuse to Adopt Royal Commission's Antisemitism Definition

ABC and SBS Refuse to Adopt Royal Commission’s Antisemitism Definition

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Australia's two public broadcasters have drawn a line in the sand. They will not use the definition of antisemitism adopted by the Royal Commission investigating social cohesion. Their...

Barcelona's New Tourism Boss Has a Message: 'We Don't Want One More Tourist'

Barcelona’s New Tourism Boss Has a Message: ‘We Don’t Want One More Tourist’

bySomto Nwanolue
0

After decades of relentlessly marketing their vibrant Mediterranean city, the authorities have appointed a man with a sustainable tourism message. José Antonio Donaire is Barcelona's first commissioner for...

Britain's Hard Right on the March as 150,000 Descend on London

Britain’s Hard Right on the March as 150,000 Descend on London

byFed Editor
0

Something has changed in British politics. And on Saturday, tens of thousands of people took to the streets of London to prove it. At least 150,000 people gathered...

Next Post
NAFDAC Orders Recall of Dove Beauty Cream Bar Soap Due to Harmful Chemical

NAFDAC Orders Recall of Dove Beauty Cream Bar Soap Due to Harmful Chemical

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • Trump Settles IRS Tax Suit Using Public Money
  • ‘Touch Grass’ Is the Global Movement Gen Z Is Leading (And It’s Not Just About Nature)
  • Trump Uses 30-Year-Old Murder Case to Indict Raúl Castro

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .