• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Three Civilians Killed As Gunmen Attack Ghana Military Escort Convoy

Three Civilians Killed As Gunmen Attack Ghana Military Escort Convoy

Ayobami OwolabibyAyobami Owolabi
3 weeks ago
in Government
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

Three civilians have been confirmed dead after gunmen attacked a Ghana Armed Forces escort convoy in the Binduri area of the Upper East Region.

In a statement on Tuesday, the military said the convoy was escorting about 140 civilians from Bawku to Bolgatanga when it came under heavy gunfire.

“A Ghana Armed Forces escort convoy protecting 140 civilians was attacked this morning, Monday 27 April 2026, at Binduri by unknown elements,” the statement reads.

“The convoy from Bawku towards Bolga was shot at several times, resulting in the death of 3 of the civilians being escorted and injuring one.”

Three Civilians Killed As Gunmen Attack Ghana Military Escort Convoy

The military added that troops returned fire during the attack and successfully repelled the assailants, killing seven of them.

It also disclosed that a follow-up operation led to the recovery of weapons and ammunition from a suspect who attempted to hide in a mosque.

“In pursuit, the military discovered and retrieved from an escapee who went to a mosque, a G3 automatic rifle, two filled magazines of 20 rounds each and 176 rounds of additional ammunition,” the statement added.

According to the Ghana Armed Forces, 10 suspects have so far been arrested and are assisting with ongoing investigations.

The military warned against interference in security operations and urged the public to cooperate with personnel on duty.

It also extended condolences to the families of the deceased and wished the injured victim a speedy recovery.

Tags: civiliansfederal characterghanagovernmentgunmenMilitary EscortNews
Share234SendTweet147
Ayobami Owolabi

Ayobami Owolabi

Owolabi Ayobami is an emerging entertainment journalist, dedicated to delivering the latest scoop on Nollywood, music, and celebrity culture. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for storytelling, he brings fresh insights and perspectives to the entertainment beat.

Related Stories

Putin Meets Xi in Beijing Days After Trump’s Visit, But Pipeline Deal Stalls

Putin Meets Xi in Beijing Days After Trump’s Visit, But Pipeline Deal Stalls

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in Beijing on May 20, 2026, for a state visit with Chinese President Xi Jinping. The trip came just days after U.S. President...

Ilhan Omar Faces Fresh Scrutiny After Financial Disclosure Amendment

Ilhan Omar Faces Fresh Scrutiny After Financial Disclosure Amendment

byAyobami Owolabi
0

Vice President JD Vance has said the U.S. Department of Justice is reviewing allegations involving Minnesota congresswoman Ilhan Omar, including long-standing claims related to immigration fraud and her...

Taiwan Welcomes Idea of Trump Talking to Its President, Which Would Be a Major Break in Protocol

Taiwan Welcomes Idea of Trump Talking to Its President, Which Would Be a Major Break in Protocol

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Taiwan President Lai Ching-te would be “happy” to speak with President Donald Trump, Taiwan’s foreign ministry said Thursday. The statement came after Trump said twice in the past...

GOP Leaders Say Trump’s Withdrawal Risks WWIII

Trump Shifts Focus To Cuba Following Iran Regime-Change Failure

byAyobami Owolabi
0

President Donald Trump is intensifying pressure on Cuba as his administration pursues a more aggressive approach toward the communist-led nation, raising concerns over the possibility of deeper military...

Next Post
Troops Rescue 17 Abducted Pupils In Kogi, Nine Still In Captivity

Troops Rescue 17 Abducted Pupils In Kogi, Nine Still In Captivity

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • Mayor Zohran Mamdani Lands Landmark FIFA Deal to Give 1000 New Yorkers Discounted World Cup Tickets
  • Bezos Wants to Eliminate Income Tax for 50% of Americans
  • Putin Meets Xi in Beijing Days After Trump’s Visit, But Pipeline Deal Stalls

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .