• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home News
Iheanacho, Lookman, five other Leicester players contract Covid-19

Iheanacho, Lookman, five other Leicester players contract Covid-19

Richard DarebyRichard Dare
5 years ago
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

 Leicester City will be without seven players for their last Europa League group encounter against Napoli on Thursday after Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho, Ademola Lookman, and Ayoze Perez as well as four other players and three members of staff failed to make the trip to Italy. 

 According to manager Brendan Rodgers, some players and personnel were not in the delegation to Naples because they contracted the virus. 

In other news, however, he announced that Youri Tielemans will be available as well as Ryan Bertrand who had been out for about a week will also play a part in the game. 

Brendan Rodgers

 “We’ll be down to seven people. That is something you will notice over time. It’s been a few days, to be honest. A few more cases are beginning to emerge. It’s about our players’ health, and we have to respect the journey time to Italy. We’ve still got a good team here. It’s just that this isn’t a totally fit team,”

Rodgers said. 

With only two points separating the four teams in Group C, Leicester knows that a win in Naples will guarantee their participation in the competition’s last 16. 

Even though Napoli only has 14 fit players, Rodgers expects a stiff test from them. Kalidou Koulibaly, Victor Osimhen, Lorenzo Insigne, and Fabian Ruiz are all injured and will miss the rest of the season. 

“You can see from the score lines that it was a challenging group,” he continued. “Napoli has a lot of big-game experience. I like the Manager, and he has a lot of expertise. He’s done a fantastic job. We recognize the difficulty we face. To accomplish the result we desire here, we need to be at our best.” 

The strength of character in Napoli’s injury-ravaged squad will be determined in the group match, according to coach Luciano Spalletti in a pre-match press conference. 

He said: “All matches are significant and decisive but we didn’t treat them that way, which is why we’re in this predicament. The distinction is that this one is truly crucial. These kinds of games show what a player is capable of doing. There is no margin for error at this stage. It’s a game changer.” 

All four teams in the group have a mathematical chance of going through to the next stage of the competition but leaders Leicester will go through with a solitary point though they may cede the top spot to Spartak Moscow should the Russians win at Legia Warszawa.  

Tags: covid-19FootballiheanachoLeicesterlookmanNewssick
Share234SendTweet146
Richard Dare

Richard Dare

Related Stories

​FDA Alert: 40,000 Clear Eyes Bottles Recalled

​FDA Alert: 40,000 Clear Eyes Bottles Recalled

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​A nationwide Clear Eyes recall has been initiated following a critical alert from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Over 39,000 bottles of popular eye drops are being...

Ohio Company Sues Woman for $25K Over 1-Star Google Review

Ohio Company Sues Woman for $25K Over 1-Star Google Review

bySomto Nwanolue
0

An Ohio family-owned business is suing a woman for more than $25,000 over a one-star Google review she posted — even though the company admits she has never...

Russian Drones Strike Mall in Zelenskyy's Hometown

​Russian Drones Strike Mall in Zelenskyy’s Hometown

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​A deadly Russian drone strike in Kryvyi Rih targeted a crowded shopping mall in central Ukraine, killing at least 15 people and injuring 130 others, including 23 children....

Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Artworks in Sicily

Thieves Steal Antonello da Messina Artworks in Sicily

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​​Police in Italy are investigating a major heist after thieves managed to get away with precious Antonello da Messina artworks stolen from a museum in Sicily over the...

Next Post
June 12, Lekki Massacre and the Buhari Legacy

June 12, Lekki Massacre and the Buhari Legacy

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • ​Iran Claims Victory: Did Trump Lose the War?
  • ​FDA Alert: 40,000 Clear Eyes Bottles Recalled
  • Jodie Woods Veneers at 19: The Backlash, the Risks, and the Dentist Debate

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .