Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Relationship and Life
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Relationship and Life
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Niger Coup: Military Warns West African Leaders Against Staging Intervention

Somto NwanoluebySomto Nwanolue
July 30, 2023
in News
0
Niger Coup: Military Warns West African Leaders Against Staging Intervention
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The military leaders in Niger Republic have cautioned West African leaders against planning any armed intervention in the country.

This warning had been made after the West African leaders had made plans to gather in Abuja, Nigeria on Sunday, July 30 for an urgent summit to deliberate on the steps to take in order to pressure the army to reinstate constitutional order.

The Heads of state of the 15-member Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, together with the West African Economic and Monetary Union (consisting of eight members) could suspend Niger and cut off the country from the regional central bank and financial market, as well as close its borders.

Also expected to attend the meeting is Chad, Niger’s eastern neighbour.

This meeting could see West African leaders consider a military intervention, for the first time ever, so as to restore President Mohamed Bazoum who was overthrown when General Abdourahamane Tiani was announced the new head of state of the country on Friday, July 28.

But the military leaders in Niger had on Saturday night, issued a warning –via a statement read on national television– against any military intervention.

The statement read in part:

“The objective of the ECOWAS meeting is to endorse a plan of hostility against Niger through an impending military intervention in Niamey, together with other African countries that are not members of ECOWAS, and the concerned western countries.”

“We want to once again remind ECOWAS and every other adventurer of our firm resolve to defend our homeland,” Colonel Amadou Abdramane said.

The military had afterwards, issued another statement on Saturday night, encouraging citizens in the capital to storm the streets from 7 a.m. local time (06:00 GMT) to protest against ECOWAS’s intentions and to show their support for the new military leaders.

Tags: cautioned West African leaders against planning any armed intervention in the countrymilitary leaders in Niger Republic
Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue is a news writer with a keen eye for spotting trending news and crafting engaging stories. Her interests includes beauty, lifestyle and fashion. Her life’s passion is to bring information to the right audience in written medium

Related Posts

Pakistani Taliban Claims Suicide Attack That Killed 11 Soldiers, Child Near Afghan Border
News

Pakistani Taliban Claims Suicide Attack That Killed 11 Soldiers, Child Near Afghan Border

February 17, 2026
Hollywood Unites Against ByteDance as Disney Leads Legal Charge Over AI Copyright Breach
News

Hollywood Unites Against ByteDance as Disney Leads Legal Charge Over AI Copyright Breach

February 16, 2026
Tumbler Ridge School Shooter Killed Her Family First—Police Make New Revelations
News

Tumbler Ridge School Shooter Killed Her Family First—Police Make New Revelations

February 12, 2026
Next Post
French Government Blows Hot, Says Attack on Niger Will Lead to Strong Consequences

French Government Blows Hot, Says Attack on Niger Will Lead to Strong Consequences

ECOWAS Defies Junta’s Warning, Imposes No-Flight Zone and Sanctions in Response to Niger Coup

ECOWAS Defies Junta's Warning, Imposes No-Flight Zone and Sanctions in Response to Niger Coup

Court Directs Delta Government to Account For Education Allotment Funds

Court Directs Delta Government to Account For Education Allotment Funds

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Carter Efe’s Wife Opens Up About His Comedy Stunts

Carter Efe’s Wife Opens Up About His Comedy Stunts

7 months ago
5 Times Priscilla Ojo Proved She was a Fashion Icon 

5 Times Priscilla Ojo Proved She was a Fashion Icon 

9 months ago
Kidnap- Police Arrest Six Suspects in Lagos.

Kidnap- Police Arrest Six Suspects in Lagos.

3 years ago
Months after his divorce, Ooni marries his third wife, Mariam Anako.

Months after his divorce, Ooni marries his third wife, Mariam Anako.

3 years ago

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Relationship and Life
  • Sports
  • Tech

Topics

2023 Aboki/Bureau De Change (BDC) apc Arsenal buhari Business cbn chelsea china court Davido Dollar Efcc Election Entertainment Euro and Pounds To Naira Exchange Rate For Today exchange rates for the Nigerian Naira (NGN) Fashion federal character federal government Finance Football Foreign News government health inec Israel lagos Manchester United Naira Naira Black Market exchange rates News Nigeria pdp police Politics president protest Russia Sports tinubu trump UK ukraine US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

Music War Looms As Beautiful Nubia Drags Ayefele, BBO Into Copyright Dispute

Russia Warns as U.S. Tightens Military Grip on Iran

23-Year-Old Gardener Fighting for Life as Mugabe’s Son Faces Attempted Murder Probe

Real Madrid Present Evidence as UEFA Looks Into Vinicius Junior Racism Claim

Third Time in History: South Korea Sentences Another Ex-President to Life for Insurrection

UK 66th Birthday Raid: Britain’s Fallen Prince Arrested Over Epstein Secrets

Trending

Belarus Denied Access to Trump Board Despite Doing Everything Right
Government

Belarus Denied Access to Trump Board Despite Doing Everything Right

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
February 19, 2026
0

Belarus has voiced frustration after being denied visas to attend the inaugural meeting of U.S. President Donald...

Bukayo Saka Pens a New Long Term Contract as Arsenal Looks Forward to the North London Derby

Bukayo Saka Pens a New Long Term Contract as Arsenal Looks Forward to the North London Derby

February 19, 2026
Over Valentine's weekend, North West descended on Soho like a Gen Alpha hurricane. Flanked by friends, the 12-year-old moved through the racks of Alexander Wang

North West and the Dearth of the “Proper” Celebrity Daughter

February 19, 2026
Music War Looms As Beautiful Nubia Drags Ayefele, BBO Into Copyright Dispute

Music War Looms As Beautiful Nubia Drags Ayefele, BBO Into Copyright Dispute

February 19, 2026
Russia Warns as U.S. Tightens Military Grip on Iran

Russia Warns as U.S. Tightens Military Grip on Iran

February 19, 2026

We launched Federal Character in February 2021 based on the belief that the world is in need of smarter and more efficient reporting of events shaping our rapidly changing world. We pledged to put our audience first, always.

Recent News

  • Belarus Denied Access to Trump Board Despite Doing Everything Right
  • Bukayo Saka Pens a New Long Term Contract as Arsenal Looks Forward to the North London Derby
  • North West and the Dearth of the “Proper” Celebrity Daughter

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Relationship and Life
  • Sports
  • Tech

© FederalCharacter.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Relationship and Life
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
  • Opinion

© 2024 Federalcharacter.com