After several days of lying in state, the late Queen Elizabeth II will begin her final journey on Monday morning as part of a grand state funeral.
Tomorrow, 19th September 2022 will be a day of emotion, pomp, and ceremony, the likes of which have not been seen before since the last state funeral, of Winston Churchill, almost 60 years ago.
The breakdown of tomorrow’s events is as follows:
- 6:30 AM: The Queen’s lying-in-state at Westminster Hall in London will come to an end.
- 8:00 AM: The doors to Westminster Abbey will be opened for guests to begin their arrival ahead of the 11:00 am funeral service.
- 11: 00 AM: The funeral service officially begins.
- 11:55 AM: Towards the end of the service, the Last Post -will be played (this is a short bugle call), followed by a two-minute silence, nationwide.
- 12:15 PM: The Queen’s coffin will be carried in a walking procession from the Abbey to Wellington Arch, at London Hyde Park Corner.
- 15:00: The vehicle carrying the Queens’s coffin will arrive for a walking procession for Windsor Castle Long Walk. These members of the armed forces will be lined up at the path.
- 16:00: The coffin will arrive at St George’s Chapel for a committal service.
- 16:45: The committal service comes to an end and the Royal family will depart from the chapel.
- 19:30: In a private family service, the Queen will be buried together with her late husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, at King George VI memorial chapel, located in St George Chapel.
Finally, her marble slab will be engraved with ELIZABETH II 1926-2022.