• Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Home Government
Trump Rejects Clemency Requests From Two Ex-Atlanta Officials Convicted In Corruption Case

Trump Casts Doubt On Ceasefire As Iran And U.S. Trade Fire

Ayobami OwolabibyAyobami Owolabi
1 month ago
in Government
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

Iran launched attacks on U.S. military installations in the Gulf on Wednesday, days after Washington carried out strikes on multiple locations in Iran and reimposed sanctions targeting the country’s oil exports. The United States said its military action was in response to alleged Iranian attacks on vessels operating in the Strait of Hormuz.

The latest exchange of attacks renewed concerns that the conflict in Iran could escalate again. Adding to the uncertainty, Donald Trump declared that the temporary ceasefire was “over,” but said he remained willing to let diplomatic talks move forward.

Fresh attacks have continued to test the fragile ceasefire, while Trump’s remarks have heightened uncertainty over its future. His comments also triggered a sharp rise in oil prices. Any return to full-scale fighting could spread across the wider Middle East and once again disrupt energy supplies passing through the Strait of Hormuz, a key route for global oil trade.

Trump Casts Doubt On Ceasefire As Iran And U.S. Trade Fire

“For me, I think it’s over,” Trump responded when asked about the status of the ceasefire. He added that U.S. representatives can continue negotiations, but he cast doubt on the outcome. “They can talk, but I think they’re wasting their time,” he said.

Formal negotiations aimed at reaching a lasting agreement were expected to begin after the conclusion of the days-long funeral for Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, who was killed on February 28 during the opening phase of the conflict. The funeral, scheduled to end on Thursday, had been viewed as an opportunity to ease tensions.

The planned negotiations are expected to address the most contentious issues, including the full reopening of the Strait of Hormuz and scaling back Tehran’s controversial nuclear programme.

“The era of bullying and extortion is over,” Iran’s Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf wrote on X. “It leads nowhere. We don’t fold.”

Tags: federal characteriranNewstrumpU.S. Trade
Share234SendTweet147
Ayobami Owolabi

Ayobami Owolabi

Owolabi Ayobami is an emerging entertainment journalist, dedicated to delivering the latest scoop on Nollywood, music, and celebrity culture. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for storytelling, he brings fresh insights and perspectives to the entertainment beat.

Related Stories

​DOJ Probes DEA Over Fentanyl "Walking" Strategy

​DOJ Probes DEA Over Fentanyl “Walking” Strategy

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​The U.S. Department of Justice Inspector General launched a formal review into controversial federal law enforcement tactics following revelations that drug enforcement agents repeatedly monitored but declined to...

US Grid to Cut Power to New Data Centers First Amid Shortages

US Grid to Cut Power to New Data Centers First Amid Shortages

bySomto Nwanolue
0

PJM Interconnection, the grid operator serving 67 million people across 13 states and Washington, D.C., has asked federal regulators to approve rules that would cut power to new...

​Canada Races to Avoid New U.S. Tariffs Ahead of Deadline

​Canada Races to Avoid New U.S. Tariffs Ahead of Deadline

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Canadian government officials are holding urgent talks in Washington to stop a massive wave of new U.S. tariffs on Canada that could hit billions of dollars worth of...

​Court Restricts BBC Defense Strategy in $10 Billion Legal Battle

BBC Seeks Subpoenas for Ivanka, Kushner, Don Jr. in Trump Defamation Suit

bySomto Nwanolue
0

The BBC has asked a Florida court to subpoena members of President Trump's family as part of the British public broadcaster's legal defense against Mr. Trump's $10 billion...

Next Post
Russia Bans Diesel Exports as Ukrainian Drone Strikes Cripple Refineries, Fueling Global Supply Fears

Russia Bans Diesel Exports as Ukrainian Drone Strikes Cripple Refineries, Fueling Global Supply Fears

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Federal Character

We bring to you precise and factual news.
Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Recent Posts

  • ​DOJ Probes DEA Over Fentanyl “Walking” Strategy
  • US Grid to Cut Power to New Data Centers First Amid Shortages
  • ​Canada Races to Avoid New U.S. Tariffs Ahead of Deadline

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • Home
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy
  • Sitemap

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Government
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • About Federal Character
  • Advertise With Us

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .