Now Reading
Abuja-Kaduna Train Victims’ Families Storm Transport Ministry

Abuja-Kaduna Train Victims’ Families Storm Transport Ministry

The Families of abducted victims in the AK-9 Kaduna-bound train, have on Monday, stormed the Federal Ministry of Transportation, barring staff members from gaining access to the ministry’s headquarters.

This incident is coming less than 24 hours after terrorists released videos of the abducted 41 persons still held hostage being flogged with threats of killing them if their demands were not met. This is as a spokesperson of the victims, Ahmed Aruwa told newsmen that the terrorists are demanding payment of N100m on each of the victims to release them.

Some of the protesters sat at the entrance to the ministry shouting for help. Others still have disclosed that they had been at the ministry since 6 am on Monday 25 July 2022.

Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his administration was doing everything possible to rescue the victims alive. In a statement that spokesperson, Garba Shehu released on Sunday, he declared that the video was nothing but a propaganda tool by the terrorists to make government succumb to their demands.

See Also

He, however, revealed that the Nigerian military had plans but that the plans were not yet for the public’s ears.

What's Your Reaction?
Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Not Sure
0
Silly
0
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top