Nollywood actor Olanrewaju James aka Baba Ijesha will be receiving his judgment at the court of law today, 14th July 2022 about his alleged sexual assault case. Presiding Judge, Justice Toyin Taiwo, is expected to pass judgment on the sexual assault lawsuit against Baba Ijesha.
The legal proceedings will be taking place at the Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court in Ikeja.
Police authorities have arraigned Baba Ijesha before the court by the Lagos State government on a six-count lawsuit charge of indecent treatment of a child, defilement of a child, sexual assault by penetration, attempted sexual assault by penetration, and sexual assault. He had pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Baba Ijesha Case Key Timelines
- April 22, 2021: Baba Ijesha is arrested and detained on account of a sexual assault of a minor.
- May 4, 2021: Lagos state government discloses that they will determine a Prima Facie case against Baba Ijesha.
- May 14, 2021: Due to health conditions, judicial authorities in Lagos granted Baba Ijesha bail with a few conditions, but the actor could not meet up with the conditions.
- May 16, 2021: The Law Court extends Baba Ijesha’s time in detention and denies him bail.
- June 24, 2021: The Law Court grants Baba Ijesha bail, under which the conditions were that he would tender two million naira with two sureties.
- September 28, 2021: Forensic expert provides evidence of how the actor allegedly molested the under-aged girl
- February 17, 2022: Baba Ijesha challenges the CCTV contents of a video as witnesses allege that it might have been tampered with.
- June 6, 2022: The court fixes 14 July 2022 as the date to deliver judgment on the sexual assault case.