When we think of drinking lime juice, we imagine that sour taste that feels like a thousand slaps on the cheeks. What if I told you lime juice can be enjoyed, infact your whole family will beg for more. It’s a drink perfect for summer, not expensive to make.
Limenade is a citrus drink made with natural lime, sugar and water. It is packed with vitamin C, boosts the immune system. When making this drink it is best to soak the limes in hot water to get more juice from the limes. Also dissolving the sugar in hot water so it doesn’t settle at the bottom of the jug is very important. It should be served chilled.
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- A cup of hot water
- 2 cups of sugar (Depends on how sweet you want it)
- A pinch of salt
- Cold water
- Sliced limes
- Pour hot water in Jug and add sugar, stir till it’s dissolved (leave to cool)
- Pour in lime juice
- Add pinch of salt and water, stir.
- Add cold water and lime slices, stir.
- Put in the fridge for some minutes and serve with ice cubes.
- Your Limeade is ready!
- High in VitaminC and antioxidants
- Weight loss
- Prevents cancer
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases
- Helps digestion
- Helps to fight infection
- Gives glowing and hydrated skin
What's Your Reaction?