• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Military Airstrike Killed 85 Persons, – NEMA Reveals

Military Airstrike Killed 85 Persons, – NEMA Reveals

Somto NwanoluebySomto Nwanolue
2 years ago
in Government, News
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

The National Emergency Management Agency –NEMA, has said that 85 people were killed in the air attack by the Nigerian Army on Tudun Biri village in Igabi LGA Kaduna State.

Halima Suleiman, the NEMA North-West zonal spokesman had informed news reporters at a press briefing, that 66 extra people had been confirmed injured in the Sunday bombing.

She added that the total casualty figures were obtained from local officials following the burial of the corpses on Monday.

NEMA had said: “the local authorities had said that 85 corpses have so far been buried and a search is still ongoing.”

Presently, emergency personnel were working with community leaders to allay tensions so that they could be admitted into the area.

Military Airstrike Killed 85 Persons, – NEMA Reveals
Military Airstrike Killed 85 Persons, – NEMA Reveals

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu had today, called for a probe after the army admitted that one of its drones had erroneously struck the Tudun Biri hamlet as people were celebrating a Muslim festival.
Many of the deceased were women and children.

The presidential spokesman, Ajuri Ngelale had said in a statement:
“President Tinubu describes the incident as very unfortunate, disturbing, and painful, expressing indignation and grief over the tragic loss of Nigerian lives.”

Meanwhile, the Kaduna State Governor, Uba Sani has called for a complete investigation into the tragedy. He had promised citizens that their safety and protection would be prioritized in the fight against terrorists, bandits, and other criminal groups.

The governor had additionally directed for the injured persons to be immediately evacuated to the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital for emergency medical assistance.
Thee Kaduna State Government would be responsible for the treatment and other related expenses.

Finally, he urged the affected community and other state residents to remain calm and continue supporting the security forces and the state government in their fight against criminals in the state.

Tags: – NEMA Revealsfederal characterMilitary AirstrikeMilitary Airstrike Killed 85 PersonsNEMANews
Share234SendTweet146
Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue

Somto Nwanolue is a news writer with a keen eye for spotting trending news and crafting engaging stories. Her interests includes beauty, lifestyle and fashion. Her life’s passion is to bring information to the right audience in written medium

Related Stories

USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week

USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has issued a nationwide operational alert, confirming that all physical post office locations will fully shut down and regular mail delivery will...

​Inside the Sexual Harassment 'Minefield' of Capitol Hill

​Inside the Sexual Harassment ‘Minefield’ of Capitol Hill

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Despite nearly a decade of legal updates meant to protect employees on Capitol Hill, a troubling truth remains: Washington is still a deeply hostile environment for many young...

Trump's Billion-Dollar Ballroom Defeated in Senate

Trump’s Billion-Dollar Ballroom Defeated in Senate

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

A major pillar of the Trump administration's White House renovation plans suffered a significant procedural defeat in Congress late Saturday night. The Senate parliamentarian ruled against a Republican...

Russian Media Reports Biggest Ukrainian Attack On Moscow In Over A Year

Russian Media Reports Biggest Ukrainian Attack On Moscow In Over A Year

byFed Editor
0

At least three people have been confirmed dead after Ukraine launched one of its biggest drone assaults on Russia in more than a year, targeting Moscow and surrounding...

Next Post
Cyclone Michaung Strikes Southern India, Leaving 13 Dead

Cyclone Michaung Strikes Southern India, Leaving 13 Dead

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • Naira Opens May 17 Under Sustained Pressure as Dollar, Euro, and Pound Retain Market Dominance
  • USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week
  • ​Inside the Sexual Harassment ‘Minefield’ of Capitol Hill

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .