Wondering what you’re going to do with the overripe plantains that’s sitting in the corner of your kitchen, yeah? Or you just bought barely ripe plantains two days back and now, GBAM! You have overripe plantains sitting pretty in your kitchen? This can be really frustrating, I know.
Plantains are a respecter of nobody, lol. Instead of you stressing and eating soaked plantains with oil, here is an easy recipe that would make you want to have overripe plantains even more in your kitchen. It’s easy to use, lasts longer, suitable for kids and adults and soooo delicious.
- One large sized Overripe Plantain
- One cup Plain Flour
- One teaspoon Instant yeast
- One tablespoon Onions, Chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- One scotch Bonnet Pepper, Chopped
- One cup Vegetable Oil
- Wash and Peel off plantain skin then transfer to a bowl.
- Mash or blend the overripe plantain
- Add chopped Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Onions and a pinch of salt
- In a separate bowl, add flour and yeast, mix thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture to plantain batter, mix thoroughly and leave for 45 minutes after covering it with a foil or napkin in a warm place.
- To fry, add vegetable oil in a pan and heat it up.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding your mixture to the oil
- Scoop plantain batter using an icecream scoop, spoon or hand. Put in the hot oil.
- Allow to fry evenly till it is golden brown.
- When it is done, transfer to a kitchen paper or colander to drain oil.
Nutritional benefits of Plantain Mosa:
- Helps regulate digestive system (Ripe plantains)
- Boost immune system (Ripe plantains)
- Promote healthy brain function (Ripe plantains)
- Great source of Magnesium (Ripe plantains)
- Source of protein, vitamins, complex carbohydrate and fiber (Flour)
What's Your Reaction?
Ejekpokpo Janet omotekuvie is a food enthusiast, a content creator and a lover of Nature. She is very keen to details and loves to express her explosive thoughts through writing. She's an entrepreneur and currently a student studying Business administration in the prestigious Delta state university, Nigeria.