• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Guangzhou, China, ‘zero-COVID’ battle locks down millions of people

Guangzhou, China, ‘zero-COVID’ battle locks down millions of people

Marian RomainebyMarian Romaine
3 years ago
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

To contain a significant COVID-19 outbreak, the southern Chinese metropolis of Guangzhou closed down its main district on Monday, suspended public transportation, and required residents to provide a negative test in order to leave their houses.

The outbreak is putting China’s efforts to implement its zero-COVID rules more specifically to the test as it deals with various outbreaks caused by quickly proliferating omicron strains. China is the only large nation still making an effort to stop the spread of viruses with stringent shutdown procedures and widespread testing.

Guangzhou’s 3.7 million-person Baiyun area likewise closed off institutions and canceled in-person classes. The city stated that the restrictions would be in effect through Friday.

Beijing’s capital reported two further deaths associated with COVID-19 in the meanwhile. The city announced the first COVID-19 death in China in six months on Sunday.

Beijing officials said at a press conference that beginning on Tuesday, visitors from outside the city would have to stay at home for three days and undergo three consecutive negative drug tests before being permitted to leave, according to a report online from state broadcaster CCTV.

While some have questioned China’s COVID-19 figures, particularly its death toll, its aggressive approach to infection control has prevented large-scale outbreaks and kept the number of new cases daily lower than in many other nations.

Lei Haichao, the deputy head of the National Health Commission, explained that some restrictions were eased to make the regulations more “scientific and exact.”

Some of the tested measures are still being used in larger cities, albeit less comprehensively than they had previously when they had shut down entire cities.

The inhabitants of six districts in the northern Hebei province city of Shijiazhuang are being tested. Authorities in Beijing’s Haidian district, which is home to the city’s innovation hub and leading institutions, said Sunday night that physical classes at primary and secondary schools would be canceled.

Out of a total of 27,095 cases nationwide, Guangdong province, which is home to Guangzhou, recorded the newest cases on Monday with 9,085 instances.

Tags: 'zero-COVID'battlechinaGuangzhoulocks downmillions of people
Share234SendTweet146
Marian Romaine

Marian Romaine

Marian Romaine is a seasoned content writer with a passion for translating complex technological concepts into accessible and engaging content. She is dedicated to creating engaging and informative content aiming to enhance both reader engagement and search engine visibility. Her writing combines a deep understanding of the subject matter with a talent for crafting clear, concise, and informative pieces. With 3 years of industry experience, her expertise includes crafting blog posts, articles, social media content, and website copy.

Related Stories

​The Real Reason Baltimore is Running Out of Water

​The Real Reason Baltimore is Running Out of Water

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

​Summer hasn't even officially started, and nearly two million people in Maryland are already facing a major environmental crisis. Officials have sounded the alarm, asking residents across the...

ABC and SBS Refuse to Adopt Royal Commission's Antisemitism Definition

ABC and SBS Refuse to Adopt Royal Commission’s Antisemitism Definition

bySomto Nwanolue
0

Australia's two public broadcasters have drawn a line in the sand. They will not use the definition of antisemitism adopted by the Royal Commission investigating social cohesion. Their...

Barcelona's New Tourism Boss Has a Message: 'We Don't Want One More Tourist'

Barcelona’s New Tourism Boss Has a Message: ‘We Don’t Want One More Tourist’

bySomto Nwanolue
0

After decades of relentlessly marketing their vibrant Mediterranean city, the authorities have appointed a man with a sustainable tourism message. José Antonio Donaire is Barcelona's first commissioner for...

Britain's Hard Right on the March as 150,000 Descend on London

Britain’s Hard Right on the March as 150,000 Descend on London

byFed Editor
0

Something has changed in British politics. And on Saturday, tens of thousands of people took to the streets of London to prove it. At least 150,000 people gathered...

Next Post
Nigeria’s Development Limited by Wasteful Use of Resources – W/Bank

Nigeria's Development Limited by Wasteful Use of Resources - W/Bank

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • When Engagement Turns Toxic: The Growing Cyberbullying Crisis In Entertainment Spaces
  • Rights Groups Condemn Detention Of Sierra Leonean Singer Amid Free Speech Concerns
  • Vance Takes the Podium as 2028 Rivalry Heats Up at White House

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .