• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health
No Result
View All Result
Federal Character
No Result
View All Result
Tinubu’s daughter shut down Oyingbo market

Tinubu’s daughter shut down Oyingbo market

Veroni OganahbyVeroni Oganah
4 years ago
in News
Reading Time: 4 mins read
A A
0
Facebook ShareWhatsapp ShareX Share

She said she gave the traders 24hrs notice before shutting down the market. 

24hrs notice? To do what? – To tell their families that they won’t be having food on their tables henceforth? You can imagine the audacity these people who think they own Lagos have. Such arrogance. Her late mother was the Iyaloja (market leader) before she got the mantle after her death. This is right out of her mother’s play book – The same way she treated traders with disdain – shutting down markets in the state whenever she feels like. 

It is also a known fact that every year, Lagos experiences a major fire incident in one of its major market – the entire market is burnt down to the ground – and what do we have afterwards, the Iyaloja steps in from nowhere and with the state government which is also part of the scheme, the market is rebuilt and guess what? – Shops in the newly rebuilt market are re-rented out to the very same traders at higher rates. And If a previous occupants can’t cough out the new rates, they are chased off – No compensation for their goods that got consumed in the staged fire incident. Yeye people!

According to the Iyaloja General of Nigeria, Mrs. Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, on Thursday, Oyingbo Market was shut down due to its deplorable state. 

What an excuse…. deplorable state indeed! If that is truly the case, what stops the government from stepping in to conduct repairs? Is she trying to tell us that repairs can’t be done with the market open? Since when did she notice this DEPLORABLE STATE?  

But Tinubu-Ojo said that contrary to insinuation that she sought for payment of N5m over the issue, the market was shut down because of its environmental situation. 

You can imagine the flip-flopping. First it was deplorable state, now it is environmental issues. Madam yeye-oja, we are no fools. No one in the entire Lagos State believes you. You and your family have the state under siege. This is nothing new. 

This is her excuse #3: “The Mainland Local Government Chairman, Hon. Omolola Essien had earlier called me to close down the Oyingbo market because it was extremely dirty.” 

You see how she has moved from #1 deplorable state, to #2 environmental situation, and #3 extremely dirty? – Who shuts down an entire market and cut-off means of the livelihood for fellow human beings because it is dirty? – Answer, “the Tinubus”.

Mrs Tinubu-Ojo continues; “The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, had also visited the market and thereafter, sent a letter to that effect. The traders were then given the time to do the needful.”

You gave the traders 24hrs notice – and in the same breath you say “they were given the license to do the needful?” – What can a shop owner do in 24hrs? How will they move their goods and to where, in 24hrs? 

And she mentioned the governor – What Governor? – The same one that is under her feet?

These people are just mad. 

Read more of her nonsense: “I visited the market on Thursday last week and instructed them not to open the market the next day, and that they should also move their goods out of the market, with the promise that i will be there on Friday to ensure proper sanitation.

“I was there as said, on Friday and ordered the traders to pack their stuff out of the market while it was properly cleaned on Friday and Saturday. 

“I sent delegates to check on Tuesday if thorough sanitation had been done as instructed,” she said. 

“We can’t continue to celebrate dirt. I STOOD AT THE GATE AND ASKED THEM TO MOVE THEIR PERISHABLES BEFORE IT WAS CLOSED.”

You stood at the gate… and ordered them to move their goods. As what biko? – Wooo, abeg i don taya for this kind yeye mata. 

Share234SendTweet146
Veroni Oganah

Veroni Oganah

Veroni Oganah is a passionate writer and journalist who prides herself for her unrestrained ability to speak the absolute truth. She is a graduate of linguistics from the university of Ilorin, Kwara and have since worked and published articles in more journals than she could count on one finger. Her passion and ambition is to make a change in the world through her words and build a better future for her two brilliant daughters.

Related Stories

Barcelona's New Tourism Boss Has a Message: 'We Don't Want One More Tourist'

Barcelona’s New Tourism Boss Has a Message: ‘We Don’t Want One More Tourist’

bySomto Nwanolue
0

After decades of relentlessly marketing their vibrant Mediterranean city, the authorities have appointed a man with a sustainable tourism message. José Antonio Donaire is Barcelona's first commissioner for...

Britain's Hard Right on the March as 150,000 Descend on London

Britain’s Hard Right on the March as 150,000 Descend on London

byFed Editor
0

Something has changed in British politics. And on Saturday, tens of thousands of people took to the streets of London to prove it. At least 150,000 people gathered...

Millions Of Muslims Prepare For Hajj As Pilgrimage To Mecca Begins

Millions Of Muslims Prepare For Hajj As Pilgrimage To Mecca Begins

byAyobami Owolabi
0

Nearly two million Muslims from across the world are set to begin the annual Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca following the sighting of the crescent moon in Saudi Arabia....

USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week

USPS Shutdown: The Real Reason Mail Access Is Banned Next Week

byEriki Joan Ugunushe
0

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has issued a nationwide operational alert, confirming that all physical post office locations will fully shut down and regular mail delivery will...

Next Post
Nicholas Pepe: Arsenal set to cut ties with the winger come January

Nicholas Pepe: Arsenal set to cut ties with the winger come January

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We bring to you precise and factual news

Recent Posts

  • Starvation as a Weapon: Israel Breaks Ceasefire to Starve Gaza
  • Samsung Uses Legal Threats to Kill Massive Chip Strike
  • Moscow Blows Up Chinese Ship on Eve of Major Putin-Xi Summit

Categories

  • Beauty
  • Business & Finance
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Government
  • Health
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Tech

Weekly Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise With Us
  • Cookie Policy

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Fashion & Lifestyle
  • Food & Nutrition
  • Health

Copyright © FederalCharacter.com 2026 .